All reviews typical courtyard roanoke airport room was clean fire pit complimentary breakfast front desk staff volleyball tournament convenient location excellent stay residence inn cookies indoor pool the staff was friendly and helpful would stay here again king room off the highway a great place to stay
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We arrived a little earlier than check-in on Friday but Joe [Bender?] was manning the front desk. He was very welcoming and able to comply with all our minor requests regarding the room, etc. He even gave us a room with a balcony because the weather had turned cool - something I enjoyed the entire weekend. The rooms are very spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I don't care for the smaller pillows but that seems to be the hotel trend nowadays. Every staff member were encountered - from front desk to bar to cleaning - always greeted us and gave the feeling they knew we had choices and were glad we picked them. Only minor complaints - computers - thanks for being free of charge - were very slow; several TV stations were sketchy in reception; the computers downstairs face the window and it was very difficult to see the screen because of the glare. Otherwise - I highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We drove from NJ to Nashville and decided to use Roanoke as our half way stop. I usually am known for lots of research before booking, but because we didn't know where weather or traffic would drop us, we just flew by the seat of our pants, so to speak. We did a quick Tripadvisor search on our iphones and decided the Courtyard Marriott had the best AAA price closest to I-81. I am SO pleased with our stay. The whole hotel was very modern and looked completely redone. The staff was wonderful and the rooms were large and comfy to fit four adults. Bathroom was clean and well decorated. There is a bistro in the lobby if you are hungry (breakfast is not included) but all I needed to hear was that they serve Starbuck's coffee. It has a pretty large hot breakfast menu along with the usual cold cereals. I would definitely recommend it to anyone passing through!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank VoorheesFam
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in town for business. My flight was canceled and delayed so I didn't arrive until late and checked out the next morning. The parking lot did seem a little dark-but it may have been because I had to park more toward the back since it was late. Room was clean. Internet worked fine. I didn't use the gym or eat breakfast there. Overall it is very convenient to the airport, I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Wanting to be near the airport, there are many choices in the area however when I return, this will be my primary hotel.
So many amenities..
Don't even think about any of the other sites in the area.
The staff were pleasant.the room was really, really nice. So much more than I expected.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stopped for one night while traveling on I-81. Very convenient location. Staff was very friendly - clean and updated rooms - everything you need. Would stay here again. Bistro in the lobby if you want breakfast there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple