“Overpriced YMCA, But with a pool!”

Green Ridge Recreation Center & Splash Valley Water Park
Ranked #21 of 69 things to do in Roanoke
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed with family fun in mind, Green Ridge offers two great attractions in one convenient location! The indoor center is open year round, featuring family friendly activities like swimming, interactive games, a gymnasium and fitness area. Splash Valley Water Park is an outdoor aquatics area open Memorial Day to Labor Day, featuring two 34-foot high slides, a sprayground and a current river. Daily admission is available to either facility.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Overpriced YMCA, But with a pool!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

They pretty much offer the same exercise and routine from any gym in Roanoke/Salem and offer a little more. There non Roanoke County Resident cost is extremely high. And even if you are a Resident you will pay much more than you would if you used the YMCA.

The biggest selling point for them is there little mini indoor/outdoor water park, But for a little more you could go to Emerald Point and have tons more to do.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank CommoGuy4u

“Fun for Families!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My family started visiting Green Ridge using day passes about a year ago, and finally decided to join. We love the variety of activities available there, and the wellness equipment is updated often and well maintained. In ther summer, Splash Valley Water Park is a good value and the best public pool in the area.

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overcrowded”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was member of the Botetourt Athletic Club for a couple of years and decided to try Green Ridge since it was cheaper. I was a member for about two months before I decided to call it quits. It's very overcrowed. It's not worth the money i was saving when while I was there, I couldn't accomplish what I wanted. There's nothing wrong with their facilities, I guess I'm just spoiled by the BAC. I'd rather pay the extra money.

Visited April 2013
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We've been few time this and last summer. July has great water temps. Look for specials on the website. They are always running discount days.

Visited July 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“What a splash”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Took my track team there and we had a party. Great time had by all 60 of us. We can't wait for next year.

Visited July 2013

Travellers who viewed Green Ridge Recreation Center & Splash Valley Water Park also viewed

Been to Green Ridge Recreation Center & Splash Valley Water Park? Share your experiences!