“Pleasant place for Sunday lunch”
Review of Cafe Asia 2

Cafe Asia 2
Ranked #27 of 470 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
New Bern, North Carolina
“Pleasant place for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We didn't get off to an auspicious start because the bar had run out of Bloody Mary mix, but things quickly improved...the food was fresh and well prepared...as noted, the salad dressing is delicious. Lunch specials are very good and served in generous portions.

Visited April 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Another Excellent Choice”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Having eaten at the location off of 460 I was anxious to try this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food is fresh and imaginatively presented. If you like sushi you will love this place.

• Visited April 2014
Elmira, New York
“Great menu”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our only "complaint" was that there is so much on the menu that we couldn't decide. Between the four of us we had sushi, seafood chowder, Thai, Chinese, and a few things I've forgotten. All the food was fresh and delicious. Service was great, especially the hot washclothes before and after. Nice decor, good prices, pleasant layout with several smaller rooms instead of one big open dining area. We'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
Vinton
“Stick to the Sushi”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was really looking forward to going to cafe Asia as my friends have remarked how good the food is. Now I have to say I have had their sushi as take out and I thought it was delicious and very fresh and tasty. This is not about the sushi. I took my friend here for her birthday this week and was happy to see the restaurant was very clean, the service was excellent and the server friendly. They bring you a warm damp cloth to wash your hands when you get there and again before you leave. My friend ordered sushi so that was a score. I ordered the szechuan beef which is one if my very favorite Chinese dishes. This dish came with a choice of soup - miso or hot and sour which I chose the hot and sour. I also ordered a 4 out 5 spice for my dish. The soup was tasty but could have been hotter in heat and in spice. The soup was much too sweet for my tasty and no hot spiciness at all. The szcechuan beef was also disappointing. The beef was somewhat tough, the sauce again was sweet with no other flavor profile to it and with not nearly enough heat for a 4 out of 5. There were at least 10 whole szechuan peppers on the plate which had added no real heat but were totally inedible and the oil remaining on the plate from cooking was totally unappetizing. The rice would have been perfect to use up the remaining sauce had it been anything more than an oil slick on my plate. I'll go elsewhere for Chinese food and stick to the sushi here because I'm not likely to order a Chinese dish here again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Vintonite62
Roanoke, Virginia
“Very good, limited seating”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The quality of the food is superb! I always order something with their salad because that ginger dressing is to die for. First time I ate there I had enough pepper steak and rice for lunch to have another meal later. On second visit my sister had the lettuce wrap which she enjoyed immensely. This one is a keeper; too bad they have seating for only about 30 people at a time.

Visited November 2013