“wasn't worth our time!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Sebring, Florida, United States
“wasn't worth our time!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We kept hearing about how good it was, so we were excited to check it out. We arrived to have lunch, finding the waitstaff looking sloppy, although their bunny ears were cute. we sat and looked at the menu. We started our order, and was disappointed immediately. I wanted to add bacon and pickles, which I was told I couldn't have. They do not offer either. we were told 20 minutes later that their oven was done so we could wait an hour or have them cold. cold it was. they arrived with a Pickle. not sure why they couldn't put them on. Our waitress never checked back and when my husband finally got a drink refill, she brought the wrong kind although she asked what it was! never again would I waste my time or money.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank hairartist32

Callaway, Virginia, United States
“Slice of New York flavor hidden in a Southern city!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Classic New York deli style subs, meats, etc! All sandwiches are unique and delicious! Cannot find this flavor in any other sub shop in town. A Roanoke tradition on an old school main drag of Williamson Road that will make you want to "cruise" by on your way in and out of town!!

• Visited April 2013
“Average Sandwich”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This mom and pop deli fixed a decent sandwich but wasn't quite worth the off the beaten path drive. The club and rueben were good but I was extremely disappointed in the german potato salad. I expected the vinegary tang but ended up with boiled potatoes that were bland. The service was fair. I'm not sure why they took your glass to fill it up instead of bringing a pitcher to refill. The meat was lean and tasty. If kosher is your thing, it might be worth the drive.

Visited February 2014
“Roanoke landmark GREAT Subs!!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I'm not a big sub person, but this place has AMAZING sandwiches! Lots of food for the value, great sides too. Try the potato salad!

• Visited September 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great food! A Roanoke institution.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My first visit to the New Yorker was in 1978 before seeing Dr. Hook and Sha Na Na at the Roanoke Civic Center. I ordered the Sailor sandwich then and I still love it now. The New Yorker's sandwiches are filled and flavorful. Honestly, I've never had a disappointing sandwich at the New Yorker. If you like authentic deli meats and cheeses on fresh bread you can't go wrong here.

One thing to remember: no credit cards, so be sure you have cash.

• Visited February 2013