“Good stop”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We pulled off the highway in a terrible rainstorm and pulled up to the Fairfield Inn and took any room they had. We got a nice double queen, very clean and inviting. The breakfast was fine. This hotel was decorated nicely, and I felt like I was in a Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Criti-gal
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Criti-gal,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are glad we were able to be there for you to get away from the weather conditions; we hope you were able to get on your way without too much trouble once it passed! I'm glad you found everything clean and comfortable. Thanks so much for your high ratings and kind words and we hope to see you the next time you're in Roanoke!

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Korey checked us in and was very polite and knowledgeable. He is very intelligent and has a great personality. He was ready to go out of his way to help us in any way that we needed. We asked for restaurants and shopping instructions and he printed them out on the computer for us and gave us great directions too. The room was spacious and clean. We are in the Marriott rewards plan and this is one of the best Fairfield Marriott's that we have stayed in. We loved the automatic opening doors for ease of unpacking and the carts were very nice and rolled well. The parking was very handy to the front door. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if we are in this area.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank WYPY

Dear WYPY,

Thank you for your review; it's very flattering to hear we are one of your favorite Marriott hotels! We really appreciate your praise for our staff and are delighted you had such a comfortable, clean visit. Thanks again for your praise and recommendation and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A very modern property, with nicely appointed rooms. Thick towels, and friendly staff. Breakfast area is large so plenty of room. Would return , for sure. Check in dude recommended the mexican joint 2 doors down, & it was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for odd # room to avoid setting sun.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ken M
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Ken M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. We're excited to hear you had a great stay and plan to return! I'm also happy to read you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the spaciousness of our breakfast area. Thanks again for your comments and we'll see you the next time you're in Roanoke!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stopped here on our way south . It's conveniently just off the highway with an easy on and
off. Hotel rate was reasonable. We were greeted by an efficient hotel desk clerk. Rooms
are very clean an adequate for a night's stay. There aren't any restaurants close by but you can get back on the highway and find lots just south of this exit. It's nice to be able to depend on clean
and reasonable hotels when you're traveling long distances!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank skatinggrandma
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear skatinggrandma,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites and are glad to hear our location was excellent for your needs & you had a great stay overall! We're also happy you found us very clean and our staff efficient. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through Roanoke!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I work for the Gov. And travel on a weekly basis and stay at Marriott chains. I show up at this Marriott Fairfield Inn and have problems checking in... No reservation. I openly admit that the booking issues were the result of booking mistakes by my employer. There are no available rooms ANYWHERE in the area due to bar exams and a softball tournament. The lady at the front desk says that they do have a room for the night but not at the "gov rate". I explain my situation and that I am in between a "rock and a hard place" and ask for an exception at least until tomorrow. She says she can't help. Okay... can I talk to the manager / supervisor? So, he comes out... ALREADY with a bad attitude and completely unfriendly... doesn't even introduce himself. I explain the situation again... he says “no, I can't help you, I have to charge you the normal rate." I explain I'm on gov. travel, a vet (yes... I pulled the "vet card" hoping for some appreciation) Nothing still. Then I say... well, I'm just looking for some customer service as I'm a regular customer. He then says, AND I QUOTE.... “Well, we have to make money at this hotel and we are highly booked and I choose profit over customer service."

So, after that, I'm obviously upset... I ask for his managers and his name... which is "Kermit"... and I think he is giving me a "nickname" and ask if that's a nickname or his real name. His response... "What do you think I'm making it up or something?!"

I call his manager... she is no more willing to help, resolve or compensate for her employee's rude behaviors. I call the cooperate HQ and they aren't willing to help either. They TRY to make me feel better by giving me a "cookie" of 5000 points on my rewards account. AWESOME.... I can almost stay 10 min. in a room for that.

Long story short... I get rebooked at another Marriott Fairfield about 30 min. away. I get there and it's not at the "gov rate." I tell the assistant manager... she apologizes and changes it on the spot!... no issues, no attitude, no questions asked. NIGHT AND DAY....

NOTE: As I was standing in line at the poorly run Marriott Fairfield Inn... the lady at the desk was helping another customer having a room key issue. As he walked away and turned his back... she looked at me...rolled her eyes and made some childish face at him like he was an idiot. Sort of shows me the entire attitude of the staff at that hotel.

I will be in the area in the future and will make a point NOT to stay at this specific hotel. I've never been treated so rudely with blatant disregard for customer service or compassion. POOR....POOR.... POOR. Shame on you Marriott... I'm highly disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank a k

Dear a k,

Thank you for writing a detailed review of your recent stay and for your loyalty to Marriott. We are very sorry to hear you did not receive an acceptable level of service and are sharing your feedback with the rest of our team for prompt discussion. Daly Seven, Inc has recently acquired this hotel and we are continuing to work through a transitional period to ensure we are providing exemplary service to all of our guests. Please reach out to me at the number below if you would like to speak further and I would be glad to talk with you. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to give you the great stay and service all of our guests deserve and expect.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel was nothing better than adequate. Initially, tried to give us a room at level with, and right next to the pool full of kids. Not exactly a good location for a couples weekend. Housekeeper did not speak any English and did not service our room. So, after a long day out, came back to find a room without any service. Manager told me I had told her not to service it and was argumentative. After extended exchange, offered $20 for no service for one night of three on a $140.00 a night room. Called Marriott and they called hotel to see if better compensation could be possible with no luck; franchise hotel. Believe the hotel told Marriott that they offered $20 off per night. Not friendly or service oriented management and hotel appears understaffed. Would not recommend for anything but a single overnight stay off the highway. Without a doubt, not up to Marriott standards!

Room Tip: Skip this hotel unless exhausted from driving the interstate...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear 37TM,

Thank you for reviewing your visit. As of July 3, 2014, Daly Seven, Inc has taken ownership of this hotel and we are currently in a transition period to improve service and accommodations across the board. I see you stayed in June, so I hope you will give us a chance the next time you're in Roanoke to show our improvements. Thanks again for your feedback and please reach out to me at the number below if you'd like to discuss anything further.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Fairfield was okay. Not as good as some others we have stayed at. It was dated and in need of some "pick me up." The bathroom and bedroom furnishings were tired and dated. The breakfast was plain, but certainly adequate. Acceptable and average. No problems, but no highlight either. We stayed here as it was convenient to stop at as we traveled west from DC. Our room was by the elevator; to our surprised delight it was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roanoke North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear jbwhitehouse,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites - as of July 3, 2014, Daly Seven, Inc has taken ownership of this hotel and we appreciate your feedback as we look to provide the best experience we can for our guests. I'm glad you found our location convenient and we will discuss your comments with our team to help improve our facilities. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you during a future visit to the area!