“Best NEW hotel in Roanoke area. FREE Internet is still fast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Long Island, NY
“Best NEW hotel in Roanoke area. FREE Internet is still fast”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This new Hampton Inn is new, clean, modern and follows Hampton Inn's new style with nice lobby's, bigger rooms, nice bathrooms.

Love the stand up showers instead of a tub.

This is a much better property then the older Hampton Inn close to the airport.

Definitely the best property near the Roanoke airport and one of the better local properties.
If they keep the free internet fast without slowing it down to force you to buy their "faster" net, this will be my new Roanoke property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us!

I promise you to never charge anything for wireless internet, even for better speed.

I want our beautiful property to be your Roanoke property!

Please ask for me the next time you stay with us! I'd love to met you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Mayfield, NY
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for two nights. It was my birthday and Althea Green at the front desk was wonderful. I mentioned that I was retired Army & she gave us a fantastic upgrade to a studio room. The hotel is hard to find due to that there are several Valley View Roads, West, North etc. The hotel needs to put up directional signs on the interstate & the other roads. My only complaint was that you could not close the door to the toilet/shower area without squeezing into the area between the shower & toilet. Poor design.however, the entire hotel staff was friendly & helpful. Natalie Schneider, the hotel manager was a sweet heart. The morning front desk clerk, whose name I did not get, was great as we conversed in German. Great place to stay while in Roanoke.

Room Tip: Call for directions.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review!

It was great to meet you. The women at the desk at check out was Dolly.

I will pass your kind words along to both Dolly and Althea.

Please come back and see us.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a very clean and well-designed hotel. The breakfast was offered with many choices and a beautiful area to eat!. Complimentary newspapers--love that!. But my room was directly behind the elevators and I had a very poor night's sleep. The management was terrific and resolved the issue to my satisfaction. I will always look for Hampton Inns

Room Tip: Stay in a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mtswilson
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and newspapers.

Thank you as well for giving us the oppertunty to address your bad night's sleep.

I hope that you will come back and see us.
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We are Hilton Honor members & arrived for a one night stay. They had not already assigned us a room & I think the desk clerk Bryan could tell how road weary we were & he gave us a room upgrade. It was also my birthday so I thought that was so nice of him. I didn't realize how nice til I got to the room. It was a studio room number 201. It had 2 queen beds, a sofa bed couch, a wet bar with a sink, micro, & fridge. It had a large sink/counter area & a separate potty/tub area. There was a 7' long desk area in the middle if the room with a flat screen tv hanging from the wall. It was the nicest room we have ever stayed in. Bryan said the property is new. The a/c unit was quiet. The breakfast was waffles, pastries, scrambled eggs, steak & peppers to make wraps, oatmeal. Very nice property, very reasonable price & excellent service. I can't say enough praises for Bryan & the property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dixiehdrider
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for recognizing Bryan and our beautiful new hotel!

I hope you come back and see us.
Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a new (April 2014) Hampton Inn with the new style rooms and lobby area. The rooms are very large and well configured. The working area is also large and the room has more than enough outlets close by the desk for cell phones, computers, etc. The hotel was quiet, even though it is very near the glide path to the airport. The only problem was the Internet access, which only worked about 1/2 the time over the 3 days I was there.

Room Tip: I always choose a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Natalie S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy yo hear you enjoyed your stay.

Our fiber line for our internet was cut, causing the outage, but it has been fixed.

I hope you come back and see us!
Takoma Park, Maryland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn on the way back from my vacation. Thanks to my fellow Trip Advisor reviewers, I picked this one rather than the other Roanoke Hampton Inn. The room was very clean, everything seemed quite new. Breakfast was awesome, as usual! The hotel is located next to a shopping mall, so there were lots of restaurants to choose from. After breakfast, it was just a hop, skip, and a jump to get back on I-81 and continue north to my home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us!

I'm glad we made the end of your vacation relazing.

Please come back and see us!
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I changed an existing reservation at another Roanoke hotel to stay at this Hampton Inn because it was listed as a new hotel. Convenient location with easy access to I-581 and I-81. Nice lobby design with a great front desk staff. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and it is just a few exits from downtown. Comfortable, spacious rooms with the nice walk-in showers that the new Hampton Inns now offer. Ask for a mountain view!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us.

We'll have a mountian view room waiting for you whenever you would like to come back!

Have a wonderful summer!