“very accomodating”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 21 January 2012

needed a handicapped room, the desk lady was very welcoming and showed my husband 2 rooms to see which one would be better. its not often you get choices to pick from. breakfast woman was very helpful to availability of food selections and offered her personal service. staying again on our way back from florida.mall and restaurants were nearby.

Room Tip: first floor room wasn't noisy
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I love this hotel very much. However I was on my way to the lobby to use the computer when I heard a bit of a quarrel in the lobby. There were two front desk clerks there and one of them was very adamant over a policy.I assumed the other clerk did something wrong. It was none of my business but if you are going to discipline your employees do it in an office. The young lady was so loud, I just eventually left from the lobby and went back to my room. I later called the front desk and requested a sewing kit and the nice lady brought it to my room and she still had a smile after being reprimanded in public!Kendra is her name by the way. I remembered it because she made a great breakfast that morning. Other than the disturbance in the lobby, I still would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Friendly sociable staff, clean rooms, great location and commodities in the area, huge selection for continental breakfast.

Room Tip: all is good here even though its close to highway and airport
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I travel about 10 days a month over a 10 state area for work. My stay at this hotel this week was a very plesant experience. the room I had was par excellant but the most surprising and refreshing was the personel that I encountered there. Everyone from the young lady that checked me in to the house staff to the person who checked me out was pleasant and helpful. And everyone had a smile on their face and a greeting when i met them.

Being the president of a retail chain I am always cognisant of the way people and guests are treated.

the management of this hotel should be very proud of their facility and especially of their staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

This reviewer stood at our front desk telling me how much he understood how important it is to be good to guests as he owns a company as well. For him to tell us that we "nailed" it was so good to hear. We're not perfect, we make mistakes...but I thank this guest for his honesty and taking the time to give our staff a pat on the back. It makes a world of difference.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Although I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times before and after my airline flights to various locations, I have never driven back home from it. On my last trip I was faced with the serious question of how to navigate back to the highway that takes me home. This is quite simple unless, like me, you have absolutely no sense of direction and forgot to put your GPS in the car when you left home. The receptionist at the desk gave me clear verbal directions and I set off feeling quite confident. Of course, I made a few wrong turns, and got completely lost. Somehow I found my way back to the hotel, whereupon the manager, Laurie, got out a pen and paper and wrote the directions for me. Unfortunately, I excel at getting lost, and so when I realized I was going down the same road I had used an hour earlier, I pulled into a parking lot and called the Best Western for help. Once again, I spoke with Laurie, who instructed me to put my cell phone on "speaker", and she literally talked me onto the on-ramp for my return trip. Now, where else would you get support like that?! I love the people and the place, and can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

(For those of you who have read this review, let me say that this guest is the sweetest lady ever! It was my pleasure to get her safely home to Lynchburg. We just want to sneak in her luggage next time to finally get to go to Bermuda!) Thank you for always staying with us when you fly out to see your friends. We are honored.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My partner and I needed a place to stay on short notice. I went into the hotel and got great service. We had our room and directions to a restaurant within a few minutes. In fact, the agent on duty, gave me a great price. We would definitely stay there again :-)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Hello friends! We remember you well. Glad to hear you made it home safely. Thank you for such a kind review. Make sure you two visit with us the next time you're up Interstate 81 again!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I took a "staycation" here in November and wanted to stay forever. The staff is amazing; everyone is friendly and very helpful. I stayed in a "handicapped room" for the first time because of physical problems and was very pleased with my room. The location is ideal; minutes from the airport with free airport service, restaurants and shopping within walking distance, lovely landscaping and a delicious continental breakfast. The room has free, fast WIFI; flat screen tv with an excellent selection of cable channels, microwave and refrigerator, nice sized desk for my laptop and a comfortable lounge chair. The room was large, clean, and my bathroom was huge. I flew up from Florida and enjoyed my stay immensely-it was a week long stay. I'm returning in November again and will be back in May and July also for shorter visits. As soon as I win a national game of chance, I'm moving in for months at a time. There's an indoor pool also that I plan to use this year. There is nothing negative about this hotel and its staff. It was a pleasure staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

We can hardly wait to see you again in the Spring! We just recently upgraded our tv's yet again. We now have 37 inch HDTV tv's...but one thing we still have is our awesome staff that was very glad to help you during your stay...and will again when you come back. But for now, it's cold up here..so stay in St. Pete and enjoy the weather.