“Motorcycle Friendly!” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
“Motorcycle Friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

We arrived in the late afternoon and we were pleasantly surprised that we could park our bike at the front entrance. Knowing that our bike would be safe from the rain and watched on camera gave us a peaceful mind. Our room was immaculate, and very comfortable. The staff were warm and friendly. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we'll be back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much, fellow bikers! Best Western is the official hotel of Harley-Davidson, so be sure to ask about our Harley rates. But as a Honda rider myself....no worries to other bikers, we've got a special rate for you too! Check out our Biker Packages on bwroanoke.com or for some of our favorite roads around here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Planet Earth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Had a 3 generation road trip with my son and grandson. Stayed in 4 hotels and the others didn't even come close to the niceness and value of this BW Plus. Dante checked us in and I have to give him props as I had never been so warmly greeted by desk staff! The room was fabulous and the breakfast was first class. Management is doing it right! We will be stopping there again the next time we are in Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Hello and thank you for such an awesome review!! Email me the next time you come into Roanoke and I'll make your reservation personally for you! My email is teamlori@yahoo.com
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

great stop. Jackie checked us in and was extremely helpful . I wish all desk personal could be like her, Hotel was clean and restful, Great area and easy access to Interstate
This is a A1 stop in all facets

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim C
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Every day when Jackie arrives for work, she heads straight for Tripadvisor to see what our guests are saying. Imagine her delight when her name appears here! :)

Thank you so much for visiting with us! And thank you for mentioning Jackie. It always helps inspire us when we get an "attaboy"!
East Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

We chose this hotel because it was dog friendly.We were warmly welcomed and directed to a room on the first floor. It was nicely decorated with plenty of room. I love their bath products which are mild and have a wonderful fragrance.
The continental breakfast was under Kristen's care. She did a fantastic job of keeping everything organized. The room was very neat and clean with numerous food choices.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BamTgg
Thanks to one of our many Northerners for such a great review. Kristen is very attentive and she will appreciate the comments.

Please come and stay with us again soon. We'll be waiting for you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Donte @ ck in was wonderful..great personality n very helpful..
room good size, beds comfy, clean ...fridge..coffee..microwave..kids enjoyed the pool n breakfast..
Libby ck out great.. sweet, kind..easy out..
Kenny... awsome... havent met someone that nice n kind in a long time..
over all ...great for stop over n quick rest before more miles on the rd..location next to airport n mall..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travel3Pa
Thank you so much for the kind words. We try to treat our guests exactly how we like to be treated, (with respect, kindness and care)

Libby, Donte and Kenny are just a few of our outstanding partners. I'm glad you mentioned them! They love seeing there names in lights! (wink)
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I took the Virginia Bar exam. I would not choose to do it again. The problem was that the hotel was incredibly humid. It wasn't the hallways or the lobby--it was our actual room. The blankets were heavy with moisture, and the carpet felt wet on my feet. I was told that the carpets had been cleaned before our visit. This is probably why the room was wet, but it is NOT acceptable to house people in a room with wet carpets. When I got home to my house after the bar, my clothes in my suitcase still felt wet.

In addition, one of the hotel staff members was way too "familiar." What he clearly saw as playful banter was nothing but obnoxious.

As far as location, this hotel is very close to the civic center where the bar exam is offered. It's probably about a 7-minute drive WITHOUT traffic. Keep in mind that thousands of people are taking the exam, so there WILL be traffic heading to the civic center. It's also close to a Starbucks (very important).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oh my! I'm very sorry to hear that your carpet was wet! We do shampoo are carpets on a regular basis to keep them looking good, however we only open up rooms to rent that (time-wise) the carpets should be dry. I think because it was so humid out it took a little longer than usual to dry. I can't say if you reported it to the front desk, but I checked and found no record of it nor did any of the clerks know of it. Other than your experience, my other worry is...this is how mildew grows. So we try to always keep our rooms nice and dry. I apologize again.
I can also understand how you would think that our "banter" is too familiar. We have the kind of guests that like to talk, are laid back and feel right at home with us. So it's easy to forget that not everyone likes to chat when they arrive. You said the clerk was a he, but honestly it sounds more like what I would do more than any of my staff. I like to chit-chat and not everyone likes it. I think it may have been an attempt to relax you more than anything because everyone is so nervous before they take the exam. I'll remember that next year when the nervous Bar exam takers (is that a word?) arrive.
Lastly, if you wouldn't stay here for the Bar exam, don't stay here at all because we are the same all of the time. We're friendly, chatty and yes.....err...I guess sometimes it comes off as being obnoxious.
Masillon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We brought our team down to Virginia for a tournament. There was a little confusion in the beginning, getting us all checked in. It was nice to see how the staff took care of the issue and made sure everything was correct. We had a great stay; the staff was wonderful and extremely friendly. The rooms were nice and clean, excellent locations and would definitely stay here again. Special thank you to the lady running the breakfast bar, she went the extra mile to make sure all our kids were taken care of.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott D
Thanks so much Scott for the great review! Your team was well-mannered and it was our pleasure to host you! Hopefully you'll be back again next year for the tournament. It will be great to see all of you again!