“Welcoming, clean, comfortable.”

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Welcoming, clean, comfortable.”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This was a stop off for the night on the Blue Ridge Parkway route.
We selected it due to TA reviews and price although we didn't make an advance reservation. Desk staff were welcoming and were helpful providing local information.
Room was comfortable although a little dark, linens clean however it had an almost overpowering airfreshner smell so the first thing we did was open the windows to ventilate. (Easier said than done due to security locks and had to use the icebin to prop the window open)
Pool looked inviting but didn't get the chance to utilise much to the disappointment of our young daughter.
Ideal location for the Mall and restaurants.
We would stay again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
To our UK friends, Thanks much for the review! I wish we would have scored higher since everything went well with your visit, but I'll take the three out of five. Just come back again and see us and let us earn a five out of five next time! :-)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 3 November 2012

It still cracks me up that I got such a kick out of the little rubber ducky that was perched on the tubside bath linens. At ever BWPlus we stayed at after that, no matter how nice the room, I'd find myself saying, "But no rubber ducky." Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. Breakfast was about the best hotel-breakfast of our trip. We were within easy walking distance of several restaurants. It was here that we learned not to keep our key card by our cell phone, but we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bama friends! Thank you for the kind words! We're so glad you like our rubber duckies. We get so many compliments about them. Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook too! We add packages and giveaways on there nearly every week!
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2012

From the minute we checked in I was impressed ! Check in was super fast and when we asked the girl at the desk where the soda machine was she offered us 2 bottles of water...no charge !!!! What a pleasant surprise when we opened the door to our room. Beautiful decor....super clean. Loved all the little touches, especially the little rubber Duckie on the soap in the bathroom ! Room had everything we needed..microwave and fridge. The bed was super comfy. We had asked for an extra blanket and pillows when I made the reservation and low and behold there they were (these requests are almost never filled). I had booked the room using my best western rewards points so wasn't expecting much...but what an awesome experience...I had asked to speak to the manager and both her and the general sales manager came out and I told them I was so happy with their hotel. We told them we were on our honeymoon and they said "why didn't you tell us...we would have done something special for you"....well you did and we are already planning our trip back ! Thank you so much for your hospitality !!!! Kathy and Mark from MA

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Kathy and Mark...our Honeymooners! YAY!

I'm truly humbled by your review. We love our guests and try very hard to make each visit not just satisfactory but above expectations. We don't always do that...I know. But we care very much and try. We fail and we do have some challenges, but my philosophy is to overcome our obstacles and do what we can to give you a wondeful stay!

Glad to hear we were able to do that with you. Thank you for taking time to tell us that.
spain
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights out of our 28 night USA visit so feel qualified to say that it is a really good hotel, rooms are very clean & extremely comfortable. Very easy to find & close to shopping & eating, if you like a drink there is an Applebee's within walking distance. We did fing the AC a little noisy but didn't need it at night so no problem. Breakfast could have been improved as hot food not great & kitchen helper didn't clear up & replace things quickly enough! However reception staff were fantastic!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eileen j
Eileen, you are definitely qualified to review us! We were so glad you stayed with us while you were in Roanoke. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Let me know when you are coming back to see us!
Cheshire, England
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed one night, the room was clean and adequate, the main criticism was that we had the air conditioning on all night and it was very loud. The cooked breakfast was disappointing overcooked. Good points within walking distance of restaurants

Room Tip: If travelling as a pair, do not request 2 double beds, small
Nashville
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I booked this room for our "lay-over" night when doing a 2 day drive from New Hampshire to Nashville. It was outstanding! Super nice, friendly, helpful staff; rooms are very, very clean and nicely decorated; bed was unbelievably comfortable; very quiet - we never heard a sound once we were inside the room. We arrived very tired after driving for 12 hours, the front desk clerk checked us in quickly and we were in our room within minutes. I can't say enough good things about our whole experience. We work on a country music tour and travel around the country a great deal. One of my jobs on the tour is to book hotel rooms - I've stayed in many that seemed nice on their website but were a major disappointment once we arrived. I am keeping the information on this hotel and will make sure that whenever I need to book a room in that area, we will be staying here! One extra cute perk was the little rubber ducky sitting on top of the soap in the (super clean) bathroom!

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way home from a long road-trip vacation.
When I think of Best Western, I don't really think of a super hotel, but this wasn't bad at all.
When we arrived, no one was at the front desk. We waited a while but since no one came around, we called and the guy was carrying the phone. He was upstairs helping out with an issue someone was having. If this happens to you, just call the number!
We noticed that the pool is right in the front of the hotel with windows ALL around facing inside and out. For this reason, we did not use the pool. It was sort of awkward. I don't understand why the entire wall is a window facing inside the entrance of the hotel.
We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
Our room was nice and comfortable. We also noticed that the windows are very sound-proof. Our room was next to the highway and I'm pretty sure there was an airport nearby, if I remember correctly, and we couldn't hear anything!
I really have no complaints here. The hotel was in a good area with lots of things around. Of course, we got here later on a Sunday so the mall (right down the road) was closed already. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from too!
I would stay here again if needed and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple