“Great stay”

Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Monroe, United States
“Great stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Loved the room and the availability. The breakfast was great. Our 4 year old found everything that he liked. Which is usually a chore. Something for everyone. The room was very nice and clean with lots of space for our son.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Jessica,

I'm not sure where Monroe is, but I'm sure it's a great place.

Thanks much for such a kind review. Your opinion means a lot to us (but actually everyone's does...good or bad).

Please come back and see us soon.

Lori Womack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Check-in was easy, pleasant. Cost was right for a one night stay. Plenty of heat and hot water. Room was very clean but outdated. Wallpaper and paint were beginning to peel. Mattress on one of the double beds needed replacement.

Hello Harry!

Thanks much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm really glad you stayed with us.

With so many positive comments, I would have loved to have seen a higher rating, but it did get my attention. (Just a quick update on our rooms, we were just renovated recently and added a larger breakfast area, fitness center and guest laundry to our long list of amentities. We also changed our beds to create a higher mattress and more relaxing sleep) I can't wait to show you these things next time you visit with us!

Lori Womack
Barre, Vermont
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Rooms for people with disabilities are at the other end of the hall from the elevators. Not a good design. Shower chair does not fit in the tub. Breakfast was not as advertised. Don't bother with the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear CCYR (I'm calling you See, see your review),

I'm absolutely in agreement with you about the ADA rooms (disability accessible rooms)! I can't argue there! Honestly, in all of the hotels I've managed in nearly 26 years, they've all been designed with those rooms in the back of the building. Weird. Unfortunately, that's what we've inherited here....SO......what we would be happy to do...in fact we insist on it....is that the next time you come our way, you call us and tell us what you need and we'll fix it the best way we can. We'll even carry everything to your room and bring you breakfast if you like. Whatever we need to do to take care of you....we'll do.

I'm hoping you can tell me a little bit more about not having the breakfast we advertise. I only list what I do offer. No more, no less. AND, the good news is, we're revamping our dining area as I write this. So it's going to be much better than it has in the past. Let me know more if you would. My email address is: teamlori@yahoo.com.

Thanks much!
Finksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Lovely hotel. Very clean. Very difficult to find , however. Have had to have the ever delightful desk clerks talk us in every time. Bed was a bit squeeky but the lenins were clean and tight, just as I like them. Brought my own pillow so I cannot give you feedback on those. Large variety of cold AND hot breakfast food but no half and half for my coffee(minor complaint).This hotel was a bit off our route but definitely with the extra few minutes drive.

• Stayed February 2014
Colleen,

Hello our Maryland friend! I've decided that the next time you come to Roanoke, we're going to have to put out our "Bat Signal"...or should I say "Duck Signal" for you to find us! ;-)

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Seriously, it's in a great location but it can be difficult to find if you're not familiar with our area. Call us any time. We LOVE to have travelers call us!

See you next time!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a very good place to stay with easy access to restaurants, shopping, auto service, banks, and the college. Motel staff is terrific and their breakfast offerings are fresh and plentiful. Parking is a breeze.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. We do have a great location with easy access to and from I-581 and I-81. We are located at Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex, Valley View Mall.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon.
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a good value close to the Roanoke airport for a quick overnight trip. What I got was nicely appointed clean room, comfortable bed, some friendly staff at a great price. Although we did not eat close by; there were many places to choose and an indoor mall right next door. There was a Walmart on the other side of the Mall that allowed me to top off the tank before returning the rental the next morning. Would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I am pleased your quick stopover was enjoyable and we fit the need for a comfortable night's rest before heading to the airport. Hopefully next time you visit the Roanoke Valley, you will find time to explore some of the outdoors and culture events of the region.
Thanks for staying with us!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Whenever we had a need, they provided fast service and were always courteous and polite. This Best Western staff provided top notch service.

The rooms are very comfortable and we were able to get plenty of rest.

We also loved the location as it is centrally located and very close to the mall and several restaurants.

Overall, it is a great value!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I am pleased your stay was comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. We pride ourselves in making our guests feel at home.
I hope you will visit us again soon.