“"I keep coming back!!"”

Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“"I keep coming back!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our children live in Roanoke, and every time we come to town we stay here, because it is perfect for us (except for the access from the highways). It is consistently VERY CLEAN, totally nonsmoking, smells lovely, comfy beds, nice padded office chair. The staff is WONDERFUL. I usually don't use the pool, but this time went out there at 10pm (open til 11pm) and is indoor, right in view of front desk, which is nice and safe, and well stocked with clean, rolled towels, warm water; felt great. I once forgot a toothbrush and they were johnny-on-the-spot with one for me, and their breakfast is better than average for a hotel breakfast, as they have cartons of milk, so even though my husband doesn't come down to eat it (as he craves country diner breakfasts), he loves me to bring him cold milk to drink while reading the USA today. I know I am there when I see the cute rubber duckie on the tub. Thanks, Lori and Team for your consistent welcoming hotel for us!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindaW60
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Our dear friend Linda!

I got your email at teamlori@yahoo.com the other day. So, so kind of you to review us again on Tripadvisor as well.

We are so very fortunate to have you and your husband stay with us. We love having you here and look forward to seeing you every time.

Email me or call me the next time you come in and I'll make your reservations. Maybe we'll be able to have breakfast together.

Have an awesome summer!
Lori Womack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was there with a group for a Bowling tournament and was pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. It is modern and clean and the staff was wonderful. There was a man named John who took care of the breakfast area that was so helpful and friendly. The front desk staff was so sweet. I would definitely stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chris W....

We LOVED having the bowlers with us a couple of weeks ago. So many fun folks!

John doesn't work in breakfast anymore. Sabrina moved over to full-time breakfast manager because John was needed as our Shuttle driver and houseman. He does a great job in that department too!

When is the tourney coming back to Roanoke? We'd love to have you stay with us. Just call me or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll make the reservation personally for you.

Take care,
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

My family and i had stayed in room 302 and we loved it. My mommy felt in love with the recliner. The room was spacious and clean. The front desk clerk that checked us in was very polite and helpful. Loved the breakast hours and the menu.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Shelly A,

Thanks much for the review. I love the recliners too. We get a lot of compliments about that particular piece of furniture. Email me at teamlori@yahoo.com and I'll give you the info on where you can purchase one just like that.

Please come back and see us. call me at 540-362-2400 and I'll make the reservations for you.

Thanks again,

Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The staff do their best to put a smile on for their guests but this hotel is not worth the money charged or the rating:

1. Wifi - connected but the signal was so weak it is useless.

2. Cleanliness - my service dog walked into the room (off duty) and found a quarter of a muffin on the floor by the bed.

3. Furnishings - everything is marred which I can understand at a cheap hotel (which this is not) but there is a tile missing in the bathroom, the light by the chair did not work (staff put in a work order but that didn't help my situation), the radio didn't work, the TV remote was useless and the door to the room had to be shut with force to get it to latch. The bed isn't at all comfortable.

I ended up going to bed much earlier than planned which was a good thing because my room was situated near a popular exit door which could be heard each time it opened and shut. I thus am out of bed much earlier than desired. Tired is how I ended up after a night at this tired hotel. What a disappointment.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Woody!

Ohhhh...come on Woody! We're not tired....okay...maybe a little tired. I mean...after all..we're one of the busiest, happiest and most fun hotels in the area. We host sports teams, weddings, corporations, Broadway cast members, Symphony musicians all while saving a warm bed for our Interstate travelers. Geesh....I gotta sit down.

But really, we're not tired...we're just not brand new. We have problems...as anyone does. But we take each issue, each concern our guests have and try to improve. That's what keeps us on our toes! And that's why I urge each one of our guests to leave us reviews. Good or bad...I need to hear them.

So the next time you come to Roanoke...call me. I'm at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com. I'll make sure we've all had our energy drinks and when you see we have a spring in our steps...you'll say "I'll have what she's having". (wink)

Thank you for the review and letting me have some fun with it.
Tazewell, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We are in the process of relocating to Roanoke and have stayed here at least four times in the last month and half. Overall it is a great place to stay. There is a great staff and the assistant manager is so helpful and sweet. We have only had two glitchs in all our stays. Once when I forgot to cancel our reservation due to having to rush back to our home due to a sick child. Despite staying there several times before I was charged for a full night anyways. I did refuse to go back for several weeks, but we did end up going back as we needed to stay one night due to car issues and I am glad we went back. Skylar was so helpful in getting us checked in it almost made up for the past issue. The hotel is super clean and comfortable. The second glitch was being next to a family for two nights who were so noisy it was impossible to sleep and multiple calls to the front desk did not help. Even to the point they came in from a trip somewhere on the second night at 11:45 p.m. and kept us awake until almost 2:00 am and they were back up at 5. WHen I spoke to the front desk they were aware of the family and the issues with the noise, however we were not offered any type of discount even for our room despite being unable to sleep. I love they now have handicap accessible doors since I am in a wheelchair. SO even despite having some issues with one stay it is truly worth going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jamie,

Oh, yes! I know who you are. I remember you....and believe me....I remember the noisy family beside you. But after many complaints and numerous calls to them...one day I decided to walk down to the room and have a "firm but fair" talk with the parents.

You know what I found out? I found out that the family was there because the husband got sent to Roanoke on business. The mommy of three small children (all under school age) and a dog in one room was on her only "vacation" of the year. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she profusely apologized for all of the noise. She said that she panicked every time her baby cried at night and was clearly under a lot of pressure. She basically had no one to take the kids...not even for an hour to relieve her.

I felt so sorry for the mommy. I suggested some parks to get the kids out of the room during the day and she thanked me. They checked out the next day. And along with the key, this harried mommy had left me a letter. She told me how much it meant to her that we were not "mad" at her and that we had empathy for her. Lesson learned. Sometimes what I think is happening isn't happening at all.

I'm glad you brought it up about the noisy family...and I'm really very sorry about the billing confusion on a prior visit. But I'm very glad you decided to come back.......home.

Please call me at 540-362-2400 or email me at teamlori@yahoo.com the next time you are coming to town and I'll make the arrangements.

Regards,
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband has stayed at this hotel numerous times for work and over Spring Break I brought my daughter's ages 10 and 4, along with our traveling pet circus to stay for the week and take in the amazing scenery and parks. Our room was welcoming, modern, extremely well kept and the staff treated us like family. Every morning we would enjoy our included continental breakfast hosted by Mrs. Sabrina and with the spread she cooks up there was something and plenty of it for every one. Mrs. Angie who heads up the hospitality department was quick and efficient and her staff clearly takes her every word into careful consideration. The staff here truly makes this location worth staying at we had a great trip because of them.

• Stayed April 2014
Hi there Yorktown friends!

I absolutely love, love, love seeing the name of our team here on Tripadvisor (and you KNOW they do too).

Sabrina has only recently taken the Breakfast Manager position, but isn't she doing an awesome job? She knows her stuff! And Angie? New too, but you're right....her staff KNOWS she means business and they respect her.

We're just one big happy family...although some of us need time-outs once in a while. ;-)

Please come back and see us again soon. Don't wait until next Spring...that's way too long!

Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Not one complaint. The hotel is very friendly and accommodating. The room was more than I had expected. Very,very,very clean. I had one small glitch but the staff got right on it and made me a very happy customer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Okay Michael from Garner, North Carolina....You are my new favorite person! Forget my family, friends and staff...You're it! (wink)

I must say...that is one of the kindest reviews I've ever had the privilege of reading.

Thank you for recommending us. I'm going to recommend you too! ;-)