“HOTEL REVIEW”

Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Average hotel...not well marked except for sign at street entrance and sign on highway side of the building. Didn't like the swimming pool location just off the lobby and the early check out policy is not good. However, the hotel was clean, neat, and attractive. Newly carpeted with nice rooms. Restaurants and shopping center close by. It was very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

George,

Thanks much for the review. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "early check-out" because I don't know who you are....and I like to address all concerns.....but I think you may be referring to the ISF Tournament that was in town. A couple of people were a tad irritated that they had to pay for their rooms even though they wanted to check out and not pay as agreed. Let me explain:

You see, when we block rooms for our guests, we really do BLOCK. We don't overbook, we don't sell your room from underneath you and we always assume that our guests will keep their word as well. With large groups, we ask if they are sure they want us to reserve a certain amount of rooms for a certain amount of nights. When the answer is yes....we ask our guests to sign an agreement. Then......(let me breath here)....then, we start turning everyone else away. If a regular guest comes in and wants a room, we have to apologize and say "I'm so sorry, but we promised this group that we'd hold their rooms". If George Clooney or Oprah would try to check in....we'd have to say "Oh, I'm so sorry. You see, we promised to hold these rooms for some guests...and we have to keep our word". (Breathing again).....

So when someone in a group decides that they're going to go ahead and leave....(leaving the room empty), we can't usually rerent the room because the window of opportunity is gone. Just like an airline, if you've "purchased" the room, we will charge you for it. Unfortunately (because we are a business) I have to insist that our guests keep their word and pay for the room. You can leave (of course, we're not Hotel California), but I keep my integrity and insist that the guest do so as well. Does that make sense? I hope that explains.

I do hope I didn't ramble on and that wasn't what you were referring to. But I think it was, so I hope that helps.

Thanks for reading this,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Found this place to be well run, very clean and offered a good nights stay. Was worried about the proximity to the freeway but it wasn't a problem.

Kudos to Best Western for solving the electrical plug in problem. Lots of extra plugins on the desk and on the bedside table (including USBs) for the devices a traveler carries in 2014. Lots of other hotels have yet to figure this out.

Enjoyed our stay in this quiet comfortable hotel.

You ARE grand.....Charles!

Thank you for your kind review! It's so nice to get your feedback.

Kudos to YOU for taking the time to tell us what you think.

Please come back and see us again when you're back in the states.

Kindly,

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night, room was spacious and looked very nice! Room was spotless and smelled delicious.
Best Western Plus could take care of better breakfast though, it was ok, typical American. I'm from Europe so used to more choices for breakfast!

Definitely a good hotel for two or three nights! Would book it again!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 1983_lilo
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Greetings Jersey friend!

Thank you so much for leaving such a kind review about us!

We ARE a good hotel for two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.....oh, I'll stop.....nights! ;-)

Hope you book again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was a little too far off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Breakfast was good. Room was nice. The front desk staff always seem to put us at the opposite end of any hallway--far away from the front. We have t ask to be put up closer to the front.

Delberta,

Hi there!

I promise you...we don't put you on the end on purpose! But you may be requesting a certain room type that is in a place that isn't near our front office. If you'd like, email me with your info and I can look to see what room you were in. I'm at teamlori@yahoo.com! Or you can email me before your next reservation and I'll make sure you're close to the front.

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate it!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

You will feel as though you never left home at this hotel. You receive a very warm welcome when you come in by Skyelar Blair who is willing to help with check in and making sure your first few moments here are smooth and stress free for you while your away from home. You should visit the in door pool which is a great plus for the children. Your room is very open and inviting and cleaned daily by the amazing staff that works here. Do not forget to stop in for breakfast every morning which is always warm and not missing anything from the menu. Make sure you try to catch the manager Lori Womack who is very polite and willing to take that extra step to make sure your stay is everything you wanted and you have no worries while at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank whitney d
Lori W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you Whitney for a more-than-generous review of our hotel. Glad to here your new home was ready, but sad to see you all leave. It was fun having you here as part of our family. Please come by and see us again.

We wish you and your children much luck in your new life here in Roanoke.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We chose this hotel at random and were not disappointed. Good location and great value. The Management and staff obviously care about their guests, down to the rubber ducks in the bathroom! Quiet, comfortable and well-located, with lots of dining options within easy reach.

Hello UK friends,

I trust your holiday ended well. It was so "luverly" to talk with you while you were here. I'll try to sharpen my English accent for our next friends from England. Although, I thought I nailed it and sounded EXACTLY like Oliver, I appreciate you correcting me (after you finally stopped laughing).

I'm not sure if you'll ever find your way back to the U.S. or even Roanoke....but I hope you do.

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel.

Cheers,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. We had a group of 35 people. The rooms are nice, but the downside is the double rooms have double beds rather than queen beds. The rooms had refrigerators which are nice to have. The breakfast room is small, but the breakfast was very good and we all had a place to sit and enjoy it. Good hotel!!

Room Tip: Unless you need two beds, ask for a king room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Wendell,

Hi there!

Yes, for now we have rooms with double beds. But did you notice that our headboards are a tad wider than the beds? That's because when we remodeled, we planned ahead with the queen headboards, but had only recently bought double beds. Since the doubles were still in excellent condition, we decided to wait. But soon our queen mattresses will be here, so check back in the future.

Meanwhile, come back soon and take advantage of all of our many amenities we have to offer.

Than you so much,