“can not say enough good things.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Roanoke
Henrietta, New York
“can not say enough good things.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for just one night but could have easily made this a week long stay. We were greeted by a very pretty building and nice grounds. When we went to the front desk we had the best girl there you could ever ask for at a front desk, her name is Skylar! She was very patient with us from a long ride and gave us all kinds of info and knew the answer to every question. I went down later to get change and she was helping someone get directions to an urgent care. I also asked about restaurants and they have a shuttle to take you but she gave us a web site that they deliver from all over. When we got to the room I could not believe how clean it was! the smell in the room was from clean not a spray. Everything was so nice and they even had a rubber ducky and night light in the bathroom. We were missing wash clothes and they brought them down to us right away! We used the pool that was so warm and just the perfect end to the day. They have a continental breakfast that makes a restaurant look bad. The variety was large and everything was fresh and very good. I would highly recommend this location for anyone visiting Roanoke.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
........WOW!.......

I think I need to put a disclaimer on here that I did not pay you to say those awesome things! LOL!

Thank you for such kind words about us. Yes, Skyelar's a natural with people. We appreciate her.

Please come back and see us again soon. Your review is going to be shared with all of the staff. It inspires them so much to hear encouraging words like yours.

Lori Womack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Bradenton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

From Skyelar at the FD being efficient and professional to the Night Auditors friendly smile in the morning-we would highly recommend this hotel for families traveling with dogs. We made reservations the night before and I'm a hotel manager from days past. I found Skyelar to be perfect in booking, informative, and I hung up with great confidence. Check in she greeted us with a smile and remembered my call. Dogs even came by to say hi and thank her. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Even had a recliner! Ptac AC worked ok and free wi-fi worked fine. My daughter and I hit mall and movies to stretch legs. Great stay! Ms. Womack: thanks for training the staff so well. It was a pleasure staying with you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michelle,

It's MY pleasure to serve you! Skyelar is an awesome desk clerk and fantastic person. We have such a great staff that I'm so proud of.

You know we're not perfect. Right now we're dealing with some rain...rain...and rain. That means humidity...but we're working hard to keep things dry.

Please come back and bring those beautiful dogs with you!

Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had to take students to a 4 day conference in Roanoke. We were trying to stay at the Roanoke Conference Center but they were booked. Wound up here. Was the best place to be with students. Although on the small side in comparison to the conference center, made it easy to check on kids when at the hotel. Had all the amenities one would expect including a fridge and microwave! The staff were AWESOME! We had to commute to the Hotel Roanoke for competitions etc. and had a shuttle bus bring us. Everyone was so nice. Good breakfast included with room. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chris,

Hello there!!

Glad to here you all made it home safely. We enjoyed having your group here so very much. I love the Hotel Roanoke too so in comparison, we are small. But we're personable aren't we? We DO care about each one of our guests.

Do you think you will be coming our way again next year? I hope so.

Let me know and I'll take care of the arrangements.

Naples, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I had mechanical problems with my car and had to extend my stay. They were able to accommodate my family even though the motet was maxed out because of a regional baseball championship in town. Great location: close to airport, nearby shopping center and many close places to eat. I'll be staying there this coming week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mr M,

Oh, yes. I trust you made it home ok. Once in a while we get a stranded motorist that seeks comfort and assistance with us. We're glad to help anyone in that situation. We're glad we could help you.

Thank you for leaving a review about us. We appreciate your feedback.

See you again?

West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a very well taken care of property, Guest rooms are quite comfortable, and the rates are reasonable. Location is near restaurants and shops. The continental breakfast is well maintained and the food choices are good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
PA friend! Hello!

Thank you for giving us such a kind review. We've been very busy these days with summer travelers....and we love it! It's why we're here.

Take care and please come back and see us.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were traveling south along Blue Ridge Parkway and this hotel was close by to spend the night.
Comfortable beds, clean room, adequate breakfast (included). Room has refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free Wi-Fi. Free USA Today newspaper.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lori W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Margaret,

Well, that just about covered it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you loved the Blue Ridge Parkway trip as much as we do.

Please come back and see us the next time you're down here from Bal'more!

Go Orioles!

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife mistakingly booked tomorrow's date at hotels.com instead of today's and we could not change booking ourselves. Skyler at the front desk was very helpful as we had only a Swedish mobile (would cost a fortune) and phoned hotel.com on our behalf and fixed everything for us. It took her some 15-20 minutes but finally everything was OK. She really saved my wife's mood and our family happiness.
Rooms are quite spacious and has everything one needs. Judging by the information we have here breakfast should be good too. Parking is included.
Quite a bargain for the US$ 130 we paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Djerdapmania
Here's another review about Skyelar. (Geesh, I hope she'll be okay to work with now...she might get an ego! LOL!!) She is awesome...for sure.

Thank you for staying with us. I trust the breakfast turned out to be nice as well.

Be safe in your travels,

Regards,