“Excellent Dinner”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
PA
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently visited this restaurant. The hostess was very friendly and accommodating. Our waiter, Octavio, was perfect. Honestly, although I like Carraba's very much, I believe Octavio far exceeded service I would expect there. Our meals were excellent. It was a wonderful dining experience.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Takeout”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I don't plan on reviewing chain restaurants but I will make exceptions on occasion. I want to write this review on Carrabba's Curbside pickup.

The online ordering tool is easy to use and quick. The only thing it doesn't offer is the ability to pay online.

The service at the restaurant was quick and pleasant. I expected to wait forever but seconds after pulling up the server came out with a drink and an update on my order. A few minutes later the order was ready and the server even offered to put my food in the back of the car for me.

I wouldn't use this to order some of Carrabba's more intense dishes but for basic Italian fare it's awesome. The food is packed well and they even give you the oil for your bread.

So for locals wanting to take home Italian or visitors wanting something to take back to the room, give Carrabba's a try.

Moneta, Virginia
“1 Bad Experience But I Still Love Ya!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am sad about writing this review. This Carrabba's has always been a favorite of my family. However, last night was less than what we have been used to receiving as far as service, food, and overall experience. We are used to feeling pampered the minute we walk in the door. We have been spoiled over the years by the excellent service. Last night, NONE of our special requests were met. I don't know if our waitress was new or not, but she did not have her act together. A restaurant like this one, in our opinion, should be a special treat but where you also feel like family. We tried one of the new advertised dishes and are usually able to substitute a different chicken (marsala, rosa, or bryan), but we weren't allowed this time. We asked for ketchup for my son, and we were almost done with out meal before the waitress brought him any. We had asked the waitress to NOT bring out my husband's dish since he wasn't hungry but to bag it instead. She still brought it out, ignoring our request. The quantity to food was much smaller than was pictured, but it was still very tasty. This may all sound petty, but we had been used to a higher quality of service than what we received last night. We were all hoping for the experience we have grown accustomed to, but were rather disappointed. I guess we have gotten spoiled. Oh well, even with one bad experience out of many, many pleasant experiences, we still love this restaurant and will still go back again.

Manassas, Virginia
“Great meal for the price”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The bread in this place is amazing, it came out piping hot. For dinner I ordered Steak Marsala and spinach as a side. The steak was cooked well. Spinach was good after I pulled out all of the garlic pieces.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Perfect Anniversary meal”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Some reviews state this is a chain and the service is sub par.
Maybe they were having a bad day, but this Carrabba's is fantastic! The menu has been updated, food is fresh and the service was outstanding. We have eaten at this restaurant many times over the years and have never had a sub par meal.
Their new combination platters were great allowing you to have a traditional meal along with a new menu item. Garlic mashed potatoes is a must have. Shrimp and scallops were outstanding.
The grilled chicken in the red bell pepper sauce was tender and tasty without being overwhelmed.
Fresh bread, olive oil with seasonings were good. The shrimp diablo for an appetizer was perfect which has a fantastic lemon butter sauce with fresh toasted bread.
Unless you think that the olive garden is great, don't miss out at this restaurant.