“Another Good Meal”
Review of Alexander's

Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 470 Restaurants in Roanoke
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell/Salem
Transit: Adjacent to City Bus Station and Smart Bus from VA Tech, Blacksburg & New River Valley
Roanoke, Virginia
“Another Good Meal”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

As always we looked forward to another meal at Alexander's. Tonight I had the Tuna special and my hubby the mixed grill of shrimp, scallops, and chicken. Bridget again outdid herself with the sauces that went with each entree. And the service was as usual extra special. Looking forward to our next visit!! Would highly recommend if you are in the Roanoke area!! Congrats to earning National Recognition with Open Table Bridget!!!

• Visited May 2013

Flemington
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We chose Alexander's because of the wonderful reviews they received, and found that they were all deserved.
In addition to letting me move my booking to 7:30 from 7:00, at the last minute because of a late arrival in Roanoke, they very kindly allowed me to have their "Shrimp bbq for two" appetizer in a half portion, since my husband wanted something different.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere was charming, with interesting art on the walls.

Overall, a reason to come to Roanoke.

• Visited May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great entrees, starters lacking, pitiful wine list”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We had lobster bisque which was watery, salad which was just lettuce (something else like nuts, seeds, onions, olives, anything would have been nice). I was ready to give up on the place, but the entrees we're wonderful! I had salmon and Tom had the seafood trio (scallops, shrimp and crab) and both were excellent. The wine list was pitiful, so we did not have wine. I would recommend the restaurant, but skip the appetizers.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank awesome1jh
Hillsborough, NCUSA
“Wonderful place for an anniversary”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Not cheap but well worth the cost. We had a nice table, excellent waitress and the food was great. My wife had a nice glass on wine.

Visited March 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Still great!”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Alexander's continues to maintain a high standard for its food and service. I have been there often and it never disappoints. Each customer is treated royally and made to feel special. We recently went with a group of six and everyone was thrilled with their entree and appetizer. I especially enjoyed my shrimp, scallop and crab combo. The appearance of the food should also be commended. Alexander's can certainly be depended on to create a special atmosphere and we will be back.

Visited March 2013