“I miss the old owners :(”
Review of Nanjing Restaurant

Nanjing Restaurant
Ranked #322 of 476 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: Chinese
Vinton, Virginia
“I miss the old owners :(”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Got take out this evening, this was my first time trying the food since the new owners took over. I'll start with the good- the crab Rangoon have a 'lighter' wrapper like a spring roll. Very good! Now for the not so good.

- I tried to place an online order which is an offering on their website. You HAVE to register in order to place an order. I entered a 10 letter/numeric password, the system stated my password was too short. I could go on for how long I attempted to create an account but I won't.

-After giving up on the online ordering, I decided to call, the line was busy for quite sometime so we gave up and drove to the restaurant.

-My stepdaughter got the Sesame chicken which was ALWAYS one of the best at Nanjing, I do not recommend this dish. Very dry and the chicken needed to be fresher and crunchy.

-I had a pork egg roll, not to my liking due to the amount of pepper.

-The sweet and sour chicken, while tasting just fine would be much better if it were hot and crispy.

Sadly, even though the name is the same, the food is not. We will be on the search for a new Chinese place here in Vinton.

• Visited December 2013

“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I love Chinese food. I love a good Chinese buffet. This is neither. I have tried twice to stomach the lunch buffet and have failed. I know it's a buffet, even so, the food should be at least warm, not room temperature or less. The decor is screaming for an update, lots of leftover 1970's teal in here. The choices at lunch are limited and bad. If you're forced to go to the lunch buffet, take some Tums and a plan to eat elsewhere later on.

2 Thank DougB1968
VA
“Good food”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I don't have a lot of experience w/ Asian food since I don't eat it very often but when a certain family member comes to town we usually eat there. We always get the buffet which is around $10.00 (dinner) . There is an abundance of selections on their buffet, friut, veggies, meats and dessert. I prefer the chicken dishes over the beef ones. The scallops were great! I've tried most everything at one time or another during our visits there and couldn't say there's anything that I really don't like. As for myself, having Asian food once a month is enough.

• Visited July 2011