“Good food in a quiet setting”

Franklin Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Rocky Mount
Collinsville, Virginia, United States
“Good food in a quiet setting”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A good place to get a meal that is fulfilling and priced right. Not a top on the line restaurant with all the glitter, just good folks and GREAT food. If you want to eat at grandma's with grandma cooking come to Franklin Restaurant

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Randy T

“Don't eat the crablegs!!!!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went there tonight after waiting half an hour they brought out the crablegs they smelled very strong fishy asked the waitress who just said I don't know and walked away. Once we started eating some a weird smell hit my nose the ends smelled like ammonia then my daughter said her stated funny the inside smelled like rot and ammonia they took them back and asked if we wanted anything else which was a big no they took it off the bill but I'm sorry if I smelled that in front of me they should have in the kitchen I'm still waiting to see if I'm gonna get sick my kid already has bad experience made worse because we waited so long for that.

• Visited July 2014
“Consistant and Good”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We go to this restaurant quite often for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it never disappoints. The staff has always been very friendly and the food good. The restaurant was remodeled inside last year with new carpet, paint, light fixtures and tables. They offer a wide range of food and have lunch and dinner specials most days of the week. Prices are quite reasonable for all three dining times. They also offer homemade cakes and pies for dessert. The restaurant does have a salad bar with all your typical salad items along with pinto beans, cornbread, mac n cheese, and turnip greens along with vegetable soup. Some of the my favorites are the grilled chicken, chopped steak, tuna or chicken salad (homemade), macaroni salad/potatoe salad (homemade), and all of the desserts are good. A typical meal of grilled chicken with 2 sides and rolls will run around $5.99. Salad bar is around the same price range. The chopped steak with salad bar and one side and bread is around $7.99. Eggs and toast or egg and biscuits/gravy start around $3.00. A great little local restaurant with good food at family friendly prices.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kim E
Roanoke, Virginia
“Down-Home, Comfort Food - done right, at the right price”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Here's a link to my in depth review: http://blueridgecountry.com/blogs/behind/franklin-restaurant/

The restaurant has a salad bar and hot bar stocked with brown beans, corn bread, soup, mac & cheese, and collard greens. The prices are unbelievably cheap and you receive a lot of good comfort food.

We tasted the seafood platter with the sirloin add on & the ham dinner. It was all cooked perfectly - the steak was a good medium rare and the clams were not chewy. The ham was not salty nor were the beans, which was a relief. I'd rather add salt than be overwhelmed by it.

Service was attentive and pleasant. We live about 30 minutes away so when we are on another joy ride, we will visit again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Caroline M
Sun City, Arizona
“Breakfast as it should be”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have to admit that Country Ham is a favorite of mine. We arrived on a stormy, raining morning. The waitress was welcoming and coffee and hot chocolate were prompt. I had Country Ham Steak and eggis. My wife the meat lover omelet. She said it was the best she'd ever had. We also had biscuits and gravy. Everything was perfect.

• Visited October 2013