My partner and I stayed at this Best Western Inn & Suites because he was visiting some friends in Ruckersville and we decided to stay close instead of going into downtown Charlottesville. This Best Western is pretty much the only option in this area within 10 miles, so we gave it a shot. I'll be the first to say that I don't stay at Best Westerns a lot, but the fact that this location is a "Best Western Plus" definitely made it the nicest Best Western I've ever stayed at.
Check-in was kind of annoying, because we could tell from previous reviews and just looking at the parking lot itself that this hotel was definitely under capacity. We found a price under $100 online, but figured we could just walk in and they would match that price. Wrong. They had a price that was $30 more then what you could get online. So basically we just booked it in front of the clerk online and then she had a reservation. That's a problem in Best Westerns policy book that they don't allow for walk-ins to match the rate you can find on the Internet. Bad corporate management.
The room itself was much larger than I thought it was going to be. High, vaulted ceilings and so many pillows on the bed. This is not a normal Best Western, and that's the good news. There were random hairs on the TV for whatever reason, but it's not something you wouldn't find elsewhere, to be honest.
The checkout was simple, though we woke up too late for breakfast. As we departed relatively close to the checkout time, the coffee in the main lobby was already cold.
If you find yourself needing to stay in Ruckersville, this Best Western is certainly a fine option. But with a Comfort Inn 10 miles away and closer to downtown Charlottesville about 15 miles away, if I weren't specifically staying in Ruckersville, I don't know why you would stay here. The location is kind of off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new 100 percent non-smoking Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Charlottesville - Ruckersville. We are conveniently located on Route 29, four miles north of the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (CHO). With our location being 14 miles north of Downtown Charlottesville, we offer a quiet setting off the highway. Leisure guests will find the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville near popular area attractions: Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, James Madison's Montpelier, Shenandoah National Park, Monticello Wine Trail and the University of Virginia. Share the spirit of the Cavaliers at Scott Stadium or catch a concert at John Paul Jones Arena. As a guest at our modern hotel near Charlottesville, enjoy convenient amenities including free breakfast, on-site parking and Wi-Fi with every stay. Our hotel also features a 24-hour fitness center, business center and seasonal, outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, IHG, Odigeo, Ebookers, HRS and TravelUp so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Charlottesville Airport Hotel Ruckersville
- Best Western Ruckersville
- Ruckersville Best Western