“Nice rooms, great front desk service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ruckersville
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Check in experience on Monday night was fantastic. Rooms very clean and spacious. Overall very clean and newish property. Dublin Donuts in parking lot was handy. Breakfast a little sloppy and not well stocked at 8:30am. Attendant not in sight but hanging out in lobby chatting. Out of butter for two days. Otherwise a safe, clean comfortable stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very good hotel - clean comfortable and safe - a little hard to spot from the road off of Route 29. I would recommend this hotel. If I have to return for business again I will definitely stay at this Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel was clean and beautiful. I wish I had taken a picture of the light fixture in the lobby, it was really impressive. Also, EVERY employee we encountered was friendly and helpful. We only stayed one night, but I think we will definately be back. In the morning we had breakfast in the hotel and Laura who was maintaining the breakfast was super nice and very helpful. She even gave us a map of the surrounding states. I can't say enough how much I liked this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is the most clean and friendly I have ever been in. The staff were very patient and ever wanting to please. The room was much more than I anticipated and I would rate this hotel a 4 star and not 3.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Facility a pleasure with good amenities, staff was great, friendly, smiling, rooms very clean and comfortable. Located close to several good restaurants and many wineries that were nice to visit. Hotel close to airport and many shopping facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Far from the madness of Charlottesville - in the quiet of nearby Ruckersville, this BW Plus is like a home away from home. Immaculate lobby, rooms, breakfast area. Super friendly and helpful staff. Our son lives nearby and its a comfort to me to know we have this high quality of a hotel available when we need to travel to that area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Over the 4th of July weekend, I attended a wedding in the beautiful rural Ruckersville area and this was the hotel of choice. I honestly had no idea what to expect coming into town but this Best Western Plus was helpful in tempering the anxiety of the unexpected. The entire building is modern and you can walk to a Dunkin Donuts and a cute British-themed restaurant, both of which are right around the parking lot.

In general, the staff was really nice. For my own general questions about the area, they seemed knowledgeable and I liked that they seemed like true locals. You could probably find this kind of hotel in just about any town but I am really glad that this one is staffed with authentic locals who know a little about the area. As for our room, it was a nice size for the price we paid. We were a party of three and the two queen beds provided ample space. This hotel is also generous with the sample-sized sundries, and when I realized to my horror that I left my toothbrush, I was able to obtain a brand new one from the front desk. The cost of two nights stay was pretty reasonable, although we did book on a wedding rate.

That being said, there was an issue that came up involving the booking of a room for an extra night for the bride and groom. I heard about the issue but I wasn't privy to specifics. What I heard from word of mouth is that the situation was not immediately resolved by staff and that management was strangely and surprisingly unreachable. I also overheard one staff person claim that she was unable to resolve the situation partly due to the "internet being down." The situation was so frustrating that no one asked her to elaborate, but to me it seemed strange that there was an important customer service system that was inaccessible during a critical customer service moment. Personally, I had good interactions with all of the staff I encountered, but according to a friend at least one staff member uttered a variant of the declaration, "It is not our problem."

While I can't speak for the parties involved in that situation -- which was resolved only when a friend of mine stepped up to pay for the extra night -- I would recommend this hotel as an option if you are visiting this part of rural Virginia. The facilities and rooms are very clean. There is a free continental breakfast of eggs, sausage, and yogurt in addition to the usual offerings like donuts, toast, oatmeal, cereal, and bagels, as well as a waffle maker and toaster. They keep the coffee coming, too.

I had a good time swimming in the pool with my friends. But the water was cold even though we were told it was a heated pool, and there were one too many bugs floating in the water for my taste. However, there were ample towels as well as beach chairs on which to recline and relax.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
jillianp1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful and thorough review of your recent stay. Without being able to go into too much detail, I can assure you that I was in contact with the front desk throughout the weekend and personal was assisting them with the issue that arose. We did need some paperwork that was unable to be sent via e-mail as the e-mail was down that particular night. However, I did pay an IT person overtime to come down immediately and work on the problem, getting it corrected ASAP. Additionally, we were able to get everything taken care of to the satisfaction of the guests involved with the situation. I understand that sometimes it can be difficult to assess a situation without being directly involved and appreciate your candor/concern. Again, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you choose to stay again should your travels return you to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruckersville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesv...
#12 of 35 in Charlottesville
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Charlottesville - UVA, VA
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#7 of 35 in Charlottesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte...
#16 of 35 in Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
Lafayette Inn and Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Stanardsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville? Share your experiences!