“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have been a guest there several times. Treated very good and any problems are quickly resolved. Will definitely stay there again. Management and staff are very friendly. Very nice coffee and continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Very easy to get to from I-95 South.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

my family and I stopped here for the night on our way south and we liked it so much we stopped back again on our way back north! convenient, great rate, clean, quiet, and accommodating! don't drive tired-stop here for a good night's sleep!:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

I am LOYAL to Choice Hotels for various reasons, this property is a complete disgrace that I am not sure where to begin. First I booked 2 rooms using my points and called that I needed to check in, I was told that I would be charged an early check in fee of twenty dollars PER room, when the room is listed at 49. Second walked into my other room and noticed a hole where an electical outlet either was or is going to be, with wires... yea that is safe... Finally I went down to my room, and found it to be not much better. I am not even staying all night, I went out and found another property that is not yet listed on the Choice Hotels website, I will be back this way in about a month, and will be giving that one a try!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Txtransplant2009
East NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was looking someone that was close to Kings Dominion that provided a decent place to rest and a reasonable accomodation rate. I was able to find both in this Econo Lodge. We did not attempt to take advantage of their breakfast but the rooms were decent, the rate was good and the location was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed overnight on a weekend night in early August, and found it to be very nice, with none of the problems that some people mentioned earlier. At approx. $65 for a weekend night, it was very economical for motels within 10 miles of the King's Dominion.

I had reserved the room the day before, and was able to get checked-in very quickly. The room itself was very nice- the bed and linens were very clean. The room wasn't perfect- it had obviously been renovated at some point, but was overall very good for this class of motel. Everything worked well- amenities included a TV, wi-fi (strong and fast signal, no problems), mini-fridge and microwave, and an alarm clock. I don't remember if it had a hair dryer, but a frequent traveler should have their own, just in case.

The motel was very quiet, and I was able to get a good night's sleep without any problems, even though I was on the end of the motel closest to the main road.

The Ruther Glen exit along I-95 is approximately the same distance from King's Dominion as the Ashland exit, south of the park. Both exits have a variety of fast food and service stations, possibly a bit more in Ashland, but motels at this exit are probably a bit cheaper during the height of the summer tourist season.

Overall, I was very happy with the value and quality of this particular motel, and would recommend it to anyone needing to stop over in the area. The only minor issue that I had was there is no direct driveway on the main road, you have to turn down an odd road that is quite easy to miss from the main road; I missed it the first time and had to turn around. Look for it -before- you are immediately upon the motel.

Room Tip: Reserve ahead of time for quick check-in.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

We spent last night at this budget hotel and were not disappointed. Everything was clean, towels were newer and still very white, linens and mattress pad were fresh. Plenty of hot water for showers. Micro and refrigerator were working. That's all we needed to get a good night's sleep. "Breakfast" was very simple fare....but with what we saved on room rate, we enjoyed a nice meal at River City Diner in Richmond, about 20 minutes south on 95. Advance booking, senior rate cost us $45 with tax! We certainly got what we expected for that rate..........

Room Tip: first floor is easiest for sure.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snowbirdlady
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

I traveled with my family to Kings Dominion and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, very friendly staff, the rooms are comfortable, the beds and furniture is brand new! Safe area and easy access to the highway!"

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland

Been to Econo Lodge Ruther Glen? Share your experiences!