“Good Value”

Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ruther Glen
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I just needed a place to rest for the night on a long road trip. Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean and comfortable with a small refrigerator and microwave oven. It was a little musty smelling, but running the air conditioner helped. The continental breakfast was better than expected. Had some trouble connecting to the wifi and the front desk manager did not know how to do it. Fortunately, he was able to pull one of his children away from their homework to resolve the issue (change the network type to WPA).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RASTEINMETZ
Rishi B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thanks For Good Review For US

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I don't even want to credit this place with a 1 Rating !!! We stayed in Room 228 and I'm mad that I didn't walk right back out once I saw the room! If we hadn't been so tired we would have !!! The rug was nasty, the shower was dirty with broken drain, the toilet had a ring around it and dirty water, the coffee pot was burned with burnt coffee sitting in it...hadn't been cleaned in a long time!! Seriously, the cleaning staff should be fired and the owner should be ashamed and angry....he's paying people to do NOTHING. We slept in ALL of our clothes, on top of the blankets....AWFUL!!! We slept for a few hours....until we couldn't take our skin crawling any longer. This place is completely run down, dirty. In my opinion, if all of the rooms are similar to what I experienced it should be shut down. I would never recommend that anyone stay there. Ever!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Rishi B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Reviewed 21 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I had to take an emergency road trip to see a sick family member. We drove all night until about 1 am and then stopped at a rest area and decided to spend the night. I called ahead and made a reservation and then went to the hotel. When I arrived to check in I was told I didn't have a reservation and if I did, it was for the next night. I had to repeatedly ask the gentleman behind the counter if the confirmation number I was provided would help him locate my reservation. After about 15 minutes the man finally took my confirmation number and was able to find my reservation. We were assigned room 203. The room was a standard room with two queen beds, it was very dingy and dark. The door to the bathroom did not close. The floor of the bath tub was black and there was a ring around the toilet bowl. When we went to go to sleep and pulled back the covers there appeared to be a large urine stain on the sheets. Lucky there were two beds so we slept on the other bed on top of the covers. If we were not so exhausted we would have left and found another hotel. We slept for about 4 hours and then left. The worst part is I spent $100 for the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was one of the most wonderful experience involving staying away from home. We stayed two nights and it was great. The owners were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the area was quiet. We were really impressed. Will definitely keep them in mind next year when vacationing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rishi B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thanks For Give Us Good Serve.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was a last minute travel decision due to weather conditions. The shower was filthy. The carpet felt wet and our clothes stayed damp?!? The ac did not help with the humidity. The door did not seal the room well and I imagined critters entering the room. I did find a bug on the bathroom floor in the morning. The bed was surprisingly comfortable but we didn't use the sheets or blankets...they felt damp and seemed gross. For $60 this hotel does not rate!

• Stayed: August 2013

Been to Super 8 Ruther Glen Kings Dominion Area? Share your experiences!