“Great Rooms with a Great View!”

Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and every time is very satisfying. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The hotel has a great view of the mountains from the lobby and if you get a room on the back side of the hotel you get that same view from your window. It's great to wake up to in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JohnGibbs213

Reviewed 15 October 2010

Accidentally left some clothes in the closet. Called a few hours later to have someone pick them up. Got a call back that my hangers were there, but not my clothes. Beds had been stripped but room not cleaned. After many calls I was offered a free stay the next time I was in town. Declined the offer - think it's obvious what happened to the clothes.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daisy60893
Reviewed 4 March 2010

When we arrived at the hotel, we had to interrupt a conversation two staffers were having in order to check in and they didn't seem to happy about it. The hotel itself was empty, at night we counted less than ten cars(including staff). However we were put on the bottom floor, which is below the lobby on the 2nd floor(weird, right?). We figured that we, being tourists would get a room with a mountain view, nope. Our room had the great view of the intersection of Keagy/Electric. The bottom floor felt dark, too quiet,a little scary. The room itself had a air conditioner didn't stay on for more than five minutes at a time. The beds were hard(our backs still hurt). The website lists "high speed internet" as one of it's features, yet my cellphone had great speed. The toilet broke TWICE, and I had to reach my and in the back and fix it myself. When we tried to get a wakeup call, pressing 0 got no answer, I had to call the ten digit phone number on the brochure, to get someone, and when I did she sounded like I was disturbing her. The staff overall were unfriendly and seemingly oblivious to guests. When we left every morning to go sightseeing, not one words from them as we passed through the lobby. The only good thing about the hotel was the location, close to everything, a great view of the probably much better Hampton Inn, close to a Kroger, hospital. Big TV. Breakfast was OK, not great but not bad. It was not worth the 30000 points it cost to stay here, and I would defiantly not pay money to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jjuva13
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Stayed here to attend a Nascar race. Very nice hotel in a scenic area. Great location to start at for numerous sight seeing day trips. 2 restaurants and a Subway less than a 5 min. walk along with a Kroger Grocery store.

Good free breakfast in a nice area in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROBBJOHN
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My family arrived at the hotel to check into their room with the rest of my kid's sports team only to find out that the Agent who took the reservation inadvertently booked us for two nights rather than one. Since we were not in town and unable to check in the day before which is when the Agent booked our room...they canceled our entire reservation and sold our room to another guest. With no rooms available at the hotel and no manager on duty to assist my wife in making other arrangements, we spent more than an hour on the computer and phone trying to find a hotel that had availability. With very few non-smoking rooms available in town, and no one willing to match our group rate of $89 dollars we were forced to shell out $40 more on a room at a Quality Inn MOTEL (a far cry from a Comfort Suites!). I understand that mistakes happen, however this was not an isolated incident as another team family also experienced the same reservation problem. After numerous attempts to contact the Hotel manager in person she chose to settle this dispute with an email offer of 4000 choice international hotel points. It takes 10000 points to get a free night. Very, very poor customer service and no regret what so ever when I told the management that our team would never return to the establishment. The entire situation reminds me of Seinfeld and it went something like this:

Traveler: I don’t understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?
Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of rooms.
Traveler: But the reservation keeps the room open. That’s why you have the reservation.
Agent: I know why we have reservations.
Traveler: I don’t think you do. If you did, I’d have a room. See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don’t know how to *hold* the reservation and that’s really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank biggame_hoo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

A staff can make or break a hotel stay, and in this case it ruined what could have been a pleasant experience. The hotel itself is fine. Not fancy, but reasonably clean and in an acceptable location. However, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast area, the staff was uniformly unfriendly and untrained. For example, over our entire 3 day stay, the room was never cleaned. Instead we found fresh towels in a bag outside our door one morning. The unkempt kid at the front desk at night did not want to respond to questions because he was in the middle of a tv show. The list goes on. You can find better elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orchidking
Reviewed 5 August 2009

clearly has been a flood of sorts, the carpet is all bunched up, I tripped twice on the way to the elevator. Wallpaper by elevator is peeling, the tile in the elevator is all cracked. I know for certain this has been a smoke-free property for at least two years, yet my room smelled of stale cigarettes and stinky feet. The smell was overwhelming. I had to leave, and I did. Front desk was friendly, understanding - made no apologies, and I don't blame him.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business