“Very solid hotel for the area”

Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Salem
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Very solid hotel for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I wrote an earlier review of this hotel, in which I mentioned it being overpriced. I retracted that review and am now writing this one, because we paid $119, not $150. I would say it's still a tad pricey for Salem, VA, but not horrible. The hotel was a mixed bag for me, but mostly positive. Some of the staff members were very friendly and helpful, and some seemed like they couldn't care less. The location is good and safe, right off I-81, and fairly close to many stores and restaurants. The lobby is modern, and far more attractive than most. The room was very nice, with a half-wall partition between the bed area and the rest of the suite. The A/C worked much better than some, including many higher priced hotels in bigger cities, and A/C is a biggie for me. The bed and pillows were excellent. The bathroom was very nice, with a large and powerful shower head that was much better than the shower head of the hotel I had stayed in the previous week in Las Vegas. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre, but the coffee was better than most and was offered beyond the breakfast hours. Parking was somewhat limited in the front, but there is parking in the back, but that area is very secluded and didn't seem nearly as safe as the front. All in all, it was a mixed bag, as many hotels are, but it was mostly positive for this traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
mechanicsville, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Fri night - the desk help seemed to be away more than on. The décor is up-to-date in varying shades of everything. Kroeger market is just down the hill. there is an outdoor pool and hot tub. No work-out center. Usual good hot breakfast bar.

My only complaint is about the loveseat in our suite - sagged in the middle quite a bit.
The bedding was warm and comfy and their heat/AC unit worked like a champ.

Room Tip: Rooms beginning with the number 3 (for instance 379) are on the top floor, which is the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
csridgewood, General Manager at Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We will be using this information to continue to create enjoyable experiences for each of our guests. I invite you to experience our exercise room that is located on the first floor of our facility, ground level with the pool. We have recently updated the area and our equipment with a treadmill, free weights, and much more! We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

My family stayed at this comfort suites in mid August. The hotel itself was in pretty good condition but the rooms were definitely a disappointment. The entire first floor smells musty and of mold, the laundry area had "flooded" so the carpet was wet and my daughter actually slipped and fell once because of it. The rooms weren't in bad condition, but not what we were expecting from a choice hotel. One positive factor was the front desk attendant, Kara, who took great care of us and was extremely friendly and accommodating. We needed some extra sheets and towels and she gladly brought them down to our room. She also always had a smile on her face and initiated conversation with my family and I. Overall our stay wasn't fantastic, but customer service comes a long way in this time of day!

• Stayed August 2013
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the quality of our first floor on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and housekeeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Salem.

Kind Regards,

Oviedo, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My room was very nice and was clean. The staff are friendly and the Breakfast is good too. My only complaint is that they offer a free shuttle service but non was available during my 14 day stay. Since they advertise this service on their web site it is false. I had to pay money for Taxi's since there isn't much near this hotel.

The reason for no shuttle was the lady had injured her foot?? no back up person available and the shuttle vehicle sat doing nothing for 14 days in the parking lot- not acceptable when you promote this

Room Tip: get on the top floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we have used the feedback you provided to make improvements to our shuttle services. I am happy to announce the shuttle is now available permanently during the hours advertised (6AM to 10PM).

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Stopping just for the night as we head home to PA, I booked this room from the road the afternoon of our arrival. You never know what you might find when you do that, and we had to drive a few miles off of I-81 to get here, but it was completely worth it. The lobby, pool area, public spaces inside, and the room were clean, clean, clean! Such a thrill and a relief to have a clean and fresh-smelling room after a long driving day. Lots of bugs in the pool, but we may have landed between skimmings. The front desk clerk was efficient and helpful, the shower had terrific pressure and plenty of elbow room, and the bed was super comfortable - I love the soft, large pillows - they provide plenty!

I would definitely stay here again - no hesitation - I'm impressed!

• Stayed June 2013
csridgewood, General Manager at Comfort Suites Inn at Ridgewood Farm, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for your encouraging review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us even if it was short term! We hope you will come back and visit soon.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here for 3 days a week for 13 weeks, so I was able to see the staff in all kinds of situations. I wouldn't have considered staying anywhere else while I was in Salem. Thank you
Heather, your kindness and attention to detail was greatly appreciated, you are one of the reasons I kept coming back...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 208Linda
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Got caught in a surprise snow storm and decided to stop here, Great choice in a beautiful location! Delicious, free breakfast. Quiet hotel.Liked it so much we would consider coming back here for a visit instead of passing through.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple