Quality Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$75
US$157
Hampton.com
US$86
Priceline
All reviewswafflesroom was cleandrive milesbiscuitshard boiled eggsno elevatorsausagefirst floorthe rooms were nicenon smokingmy home away from homehot breakfastregular roomnice stayoutdoor poola ground floor roomeasy chair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have stayed at this particular location for over 8 years now. I frequently work in the Roanoke, VA area. I drive back to Salem to stay with Charlene and her crew there at Quality Inn. I am always treated with respect and by name from most of the employees. I consider it my home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at this Quality Inn several years ago when we could not find closer lodging to Virginia Tech on football weekends. It was only adequate back then. On this trip, we unexpectedly had to stay there again and I was very pleasantly surprised that the whole place had been remodeled. The rooms were clean, the furnishings were upgraded and the breakfast was good and well attended by the staff. There is plenty of casual dining nearby. It is very close to the interstate and relatively inexpensive gas is just a block or two away. I would not hesitate to recommend this for moderately inexpensive lodgings.

Room Tip: Ice is at the far end away from the office on each floor. I'd stay upstairs on the back side as it may be slightly less noise there.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PVaHokie
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We normally stay at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express. I was very apprehensive about staying somewhere other than those two places, but due to the fact we travel with a small dog, this was our only option. We had to stay a total of seven nights because of the type of business trip we were on. (This review is a combination of two different stays with a weekend seperating the two stays).
The first half of the stay was great. The room was clean and cool. I felt immediately at home and really enjoyed the hospitality of the staff. The front desk staff was exceptional and the maintenance staff was friendly as well. My little dog was even provided a little treat bag. The only thing that wasn't great was the dampness in our room the first day or so. They had shampoo'd the carpet in our room the day we arrived and it hadn't finished drying all the way. We voiced our concern to the front desk and she offered to move our rooms. We told her it would not be necessary. She told us to just turn the heat on full blast when we went out for the evening and most of the dampness would be gone. We did that and by the time we arrived back, our room was dry as a bone. Check-out was a breeze and the staff wanted to make sure our stay was great.
The second portion of our stay was just as great! Large, clean room. Friendly staff....

The hotel does need a bit of updating, but it is stll a great place to stay. I would advise for you to bring your own pillows, as the ones in the room aren't very comfy.... but the bed is great!

Next time I travel to the Salem area, I will choose Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Choose a first floor room if possible. There isn't an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice, a week apart, on our way to and from Charleston. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. On the first stay we discovered there was no hot water and the matter was resolved quickly by the staff. They had a problem with a water heater. The breakfast was more than adequate with hot items included and the staff made sure it was well stocked. Unfortunately it is a two story facility with no elevator. The first stay was on the second floor and an elevator would have been nice. Second stay was on the first floor and was much easier to deal with. The location is ideal right off the Interstate. The value for the price was very good. There are restaurants in the immediate area making it very convenient. All in all both stays were fine.

Room Tip: Get on the first floor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was our last stop on our long trip home. It was listed as inexpensive and rated Ok on tripadvisor. The room was Ok but we ended up at the farthest reach of the hotel on the second floor building with no elevator. The TV remote did not work in one of the rooms, 2 of the 3 ice machines were broken and breakfast had tghe least number of options of all of our 4 stops.

Room Tip: Did not get second floor unless you wish to carry luggage up. Unfortunately most of the first floor was smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family