“Very Nice choice.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were travelling to Florida for a month-long vacation. We stopped at this Quality Inn on our first night. What a great place to stay. The people at the front desk couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. Told us where to get the best deal on gasoline and suggested places for supper. (We tried the Italian place...excellent!!!!!) The beds were the most comfortable we had slept in at a hotel in forever. The building is old, but rooms were very clean and well kept. Bathroom was very clean. Pillows and mattress....so comfy! Will stay here every year on our way to Florida.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Connie H

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I stay here quite a few times a year because of events at Virginia Tech. The location is very near an exit off of I-81and is easy to find. It has always been clean, comfortable and the overall property is kept in very good condition. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. There are always a wide variety of breakfast items available and the person in charge of that area is friendly and she keeps the area clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words John! The staff and I love having you and your wife come stay with us. I know that Shawn especially loves to see your name on our arrivals list, she loves getting to converse with you guys. I really appreciate you helping me find tickets for next week's game, hopefully we run into each other at the Cassell. We look forward to your next stay and hope it will be as great as the others!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The service was excellent,our room was very clean. The bed very comfortable and the bathroom,which is where I usually "nit-pick" apart,exceeded my expectations. We enjoyed the breakfast and the kindness

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam W
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for the response. We do strive to keep an exceptionally clean hotel as is reflected by our back to back 2013 and 2014 Gold Awards from Choice Hotels. Please stop by any time that you are in the valley.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Hospitality was outstanding and easy access to places I needed to go, shopping and restaurants.

The ride to the airport was only ten minutes. There were many choices to suit all requirements at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank ConnieG95624

Thank you very much for the great review! Our number one concern is our guests and we want to be sure to satisfy each and every one. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the valley.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A real value for the price. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean, bedding was excellent and the breakfast was very good. This hotel has exterior corridors which I normally avoid but Salem is a very quiet and safe little community near Roanoke.

Room Tip: First floor is most convenient
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared your insight with my staff and we hope to see you staying with us again when you visit. I really appreciate the great comment about the exterior corridors, that is our only objection we ever have with a lot of guests. We are lucky to live in a safe area, however, we also do rounds every hour as well as having the property well equipped with video surveillance.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Please see my note below. Great staff from owner down. Based on 10 - 15 years of experience. Clean rooms, outstanding breakfast. Adjacent to good restaurants and good shopping and low gas prices. Always willing to work with you.

Room Tip: Stayed here 6 times a year for Virginia Tech football games over past 10-15 years. Very friendly and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John B

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words Mr. Brown! I really enjoyed getting to know all of our Virginia Tech regulars this year. The staff here is very grateful to have the owner that we have. I have worked for a few hospitality outfits in the valley and can say from experience that our ownership is the best. I am already looking forward to next year's winning football season and also the greatest group of VT fans coming through the valley!!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Well equipped room and most important Clean
Breakfast looked good but I only want coffee and it was terrible. The shower was terrific and I liked the free USA today both the might and the
Morning staff at the desk were polite

• Stayed: November 2013
Travis H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

The staff and I appreciate the feedback you provided. I am going to look into another option as far as our coffee goes and hope that will remedy your issue. We take great pride in providing guests with a clean and friendly home while here at Quality Inn. I hope to see you stop back through next time in town.