Comfort Suites Salem
Hampton.com
US$98
US$96
Priceline
All reviewsfood lion grocery storechoice hotelsrubber duckroom was cleanmexican restauranttwo queen bedspool and hot tubwafflesfront desk attendantthe breakfast areawelcome centerexercise roomsausagean upgradeone night staybooked this hotelnearby restaurants
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed here while my sons were playing basketball in the Subway Commonwealth games. Very nice rooms...spacious and clean. Pool and sitting here was nice. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The staff I dealt with were very nice and helpful but there was one rude female staff who a member of our party dealt with. Overall great place to stay and I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
cssalem, General Manager at Comfort Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We love when our guest are happy! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I expected more from this hotel. They were all little things but they added up. They have very few handicapped parking spots. When we went to breakfast, there were no eggs and they said it would be 10 minutes before any were ready. It was actually closer to 15 minutes. Overall the room was clean and well maintained. The flat screen TV offered no HD channels. There were only poorly formatted SD channels. Anything running across the bottom of the screen could not be viewed because of the formatting., If I had it to do over again, I'd probably check the hotels in Roanoke which is only a few miles from Salem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
cssalem, General Manager at Comfort Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I am so sorry that you experienced those issues. I can assure you that this is not the norm for us. We had a rush at breakfast and did our best to keep up. Sorry that things took longer than expected. The tv has been properly formatted now and did not realize it was not. We hope you give us another try to make things right.

Thanks!

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Comfort Suites is becoming my "go to" hotel. The one in Salem, VA was no different. Room was big, clean and looked brand new. My receipt was under the door and breakfast was hot and ready. Not sure if it was because of my military reservation, but they left a camouflage wearing rubber duckie on the tub, presented on the top of the folded towels. Nice touch!

• Stayed: July 2013
cssalem, Manager at Comfort Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you so much for the rave review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We love that this is going to be your "go to" hotel chain. Thanks for stopping by and hope you do so again!

Thanks,
Ashley Likens

Reviewed 10 July 2013

So it;s not perfect....Some of the staff I think also played a horror movie. The room was clean. They even gave me a little rubber ducky for the jacuzzi. I will stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on June 28th. We arrived late in the evening and got in our room and went to bed. We had a comfortable sleep. When we woke in the morning, we went to use the toilet. We lifted the toilet seat and noticed immediately that the back of the toilet seat was badly stained with urine. The part of the toilet seat you sit on was damaged and chunks of the toilet seat were missing and it was extremely scratched up. We had to go bad so we lined the toilet seat and the inside back of the toilet seat with ALOT of toilet paper before using it. I could not believe how bad this toilet seat was. It was filthy and damaged and should of been replaced a long time ago. It was the worse toilet seat I have ever seen on a hotel toilet. When I went to check out at the front desk I spoke with Justin and advised him of the situation with the toilet seat and how it needed to be replaced immediately because it was that bad. He told me that they already knew it was that bad. He said they had a repair request into maintenance for MANY WEEKS. I asked him, you knew it was that bad and you all still rent the room to people? Justin said yep. I asked him why doesn't the hotel fix it then. He said, "well there have been many repair requests to maintenance." I then told him you would think after many weeks, that you would have maintenance go down to walmart and spend $12 on a toilet seat and replace it but instead you all continue to rent a room that you know has a filthy urine strained damaged toilet seat? Justin said yep. I said why is that, and then Justin walked away.

THIS HOTEL KNOWS THAT IT HAS GOT A SERIOUS PROBLEM IN THIS ROOM AND THEY CHOOSE TO TRY TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER SIT ON URINE.

And as for Justin at the front desk, he is a pathetic excuse for an employee. If they ever replace the toilet seat, they should give it to Justin to take home so he can put it on his toilet since he sees nothing wrong with asking other people to sit on it.

Customer Service failed in EVERY WAY. They were aware of a serious problem, did nothing about it, told the customer to deal with their failure, and lastly, have the I don't care attitude.

Room Tip: Ask them if they are renting you the room with the damaged urine stained toilet seat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family