La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
US$77
US$97
US$86
Priceline
All reviewsa pet friendly hotelallow petsno extra chargeburger kingtraveling with petsroom was cleanbreakfast areawafflesgas stationdefinitely stay here againsausagefirst floornice breakfastgreat place to staystaff was very friendlywe've stayedfront desk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was traveling with a group of six for a business trip to Blacksburg. Due to it being move in week at Virginia Tech all of the hotels were booked, except Super 8 in Christiansburg. After staying at the Super 8 for one night we started researching alternatives even though we had to drive a longer commute to work. We came across the reviews for this La Quinta and they were great so we booked six rooms for the remainder of the week. We arrived at the hotel and were all pleasantly surprised. I had no idea that a La Quinta hotel would be this nice! The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. House keeping did a great job everyday. The staff was very friendly! I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If the La Quinta hotel says that they are completely booked check out Priceline, Expedia or Orbitz. We had to book our rooms using a third party b/c La Quinta said that there were not enough rooms available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We traveled down the the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway so this was a very convenient spot when looking for a pet friendly hotel on our way.
Love the red lobby. Very different and cheerful. Breakfast a step up from the standard La Quinta.
The room design, with a wooden floor entry area and bathroom is particularly well thought out for a pet friendly hotel. Our crates fit perfectly under the vanity.
Melanie was very warm and friendly. Oohing and aahing over our Cavaliers. Very helpful with recommendations for dinner, etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Love the location--right off I-81 and an easy drive to downtown Roanoke. We had a king room that had every convenience--fridge, microwave, desk & separate chair w/footstool. Loved the decor & the extra touch of having an outlet in the base of all table lamps so that we didn't have to crawl around looking for the closest one (especially handy for my husband's sleep machine!).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gcrigler
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My one huge complaint about the hotel is that the rooms advertised as "King Executive Suites" are not suites at all. I specifically paid $30 extra for this room because I don't like my pets sleeping in the bed with me and wanted to be able to shut the door. I was quite disappointed when I walked in and the "Suite" was nothing more than a room with a couch added. Maybe it's bigger than the "normal" rooms, but had I known I wouldn't have two separate rooms, I would have saved the extra money.

I have terrible allergies and am very allergic to dogs, which makes me very much not a dog person. So I was hesitant to stay here given some of the prior reviews. My fears were unfounded. Are there dogs? Yes, but it's not like there were dozens of dogs running around the lobby. I never once heard a bark while I stayed and all the dogs were on leashes. Since I'm not a dog person, I'm hyperaware of "dog" smell or anything indicating that my allergies are about to go into overdrive. I didn't think any area of the hotel, including my room, smelled at all like a dog. The room was clean and the beds are comfy. All in all, not a bad hotel, although I am still very annoyed about the "suite" situation.

Room Tip: suite rooms are not two room suites, just a regular room with a couch
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have stayed at this LaQuinta during an annual trip to Salem for many years. It is clean, the staff is great, and it is pet-friendly. I will absolutely be booking my stay for next year at this LaQuinta!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family