“Always excellent food and service.”
Review of Szechuan Chinese

Szechuan Chinese
Ranked #23 of 101 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, Virginia
“Always excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Szechuan is excellent for their buffet lunch, their dinner entrees, and Chinese take-out choices. Always fresh and very well prepared. Nicely packed and always ready for take-out. Week day buffet is super. We go here for lunch from work quite often, my wife and I go here for dinner or just call in a to go order. Excellent spot and value priced.

• Visited April 2014

Sa;lem, VA
“Consistently excellent!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I have been patronizing the Szechuan (mis-spelled "Restaurant" outside!) for a good 20 years. We mostly go for Sunday buffet. The consistency, variety, and the quality of the food here is superb! What we enjoy from the buffet is virtually as good as any entrée might be...

• Visited December 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Still have Great Food”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We moved from Salem 8 years ago. Szechuan was always our favorite Chinese Restaurant, We decided to drive to Salem this week and see if it was as good as in the past. We were not disappointed. Food is still great and service was good.

• Visited October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Love the buffet”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I had the lunch buffet here after my coworker told me how good the food was. I was very impressed with the quality of the food. For a Chinese buffet, this was super tasty. I LOVED the pot stickers. The service was great an d everyone was very attentive and friendly. It was about $10 for the buffet and a drink for me, so it wasn't the cheapest lunch around, but it was well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Gedera, Israel
“Close to authentic”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Centrally located, with ample parking close by, an almost-authentic chinese restaurant that serves not only Szechuan-style cooking and a very reasonable price. The buffet ($6.95) is plentiful, but I'd prefer a' la' carte. For the evening, the tables are covered with white tablecloths.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Baruch M

Been to Szechuan Chinese? Share your experiences!