“Poor staff communication - try but fail at customer service”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked one night here using some HH points + $40. Shortly after I checked in and went to my room, another guest was given my same room and barges in on me. The manager Dave apologized profusely, comped my dinner, and said that I would not be charged for the hotel night. That was great - I accepted. I understand that mistakes happen and I got over the incident quickly. However the next morning when I went to check out, the clerk on duty at the desk provided my bill, which still showed a $35 room charge - don't even know where that would have come from. I explained the situation and he said there were no notations in the file. He ended up removing the charge but stated that it was "against his better judgement" and basically accused me of lying (he attempted to sound like he was joking) so I was pretty offended. I wouldn't stay here again. Too many issues.

• Stayed: May 2014
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Jessica M - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your input. We are addressing the issues you outlined and will take corrective actions. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We booked this hotel because it was close to the airport, with a shuttle, so the newlywed couple did not have to leave their car in the parking lot. The hotel is clean and accomadations were very good. We found the experience great after a very hectic week of wedding preparations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Wedding Day Bliss

Dear Alan H - Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so pleased the stay was enjoyable and that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Only stayed here one night, but the staff members were so friendly and helpful, especially the front desk. I'd give the hotel another star if the rooms weren't so very old and dark. But the beds were comfortable and I slept well. My friend that was flying into RIC had no trouble using the shuttle to get to the hotel, and then took the shuttle to a nearby Target, which was great.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Jaded0622 - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your wonderful compliments about our team! We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns you mentioned. We are so pleased you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service during your stay! We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I give this property an average rating but this rating is only accurate if you compare it to all hotels in general. If you are comparing this to all the other Doubletree hotels I have stayed at this one would rate poor at best. When staying at a Doubletree one expects a high end experience, unfortunately this property is in dire need of a remodel. The bathroom is in most need of a refreshing with it's half put together fixtures in the shower, to the caulk some maintenance guy smeared on the tiles. I normally go out of my way to stay at Doubletrees even if it means paying more, which I certainly did at this one, but this time I was disappointed. The only things saving this rating from being lower is the fact the staff was friendly enough and the location can't be beat if you are flying out the next morning.

Room Tip: Regrettably my tip would be to choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale S

Dear Dale S - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns that you mentioned in your review. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed three nights this month. Room was comfortable and very clean. Closest to the airport. Shuttle service very convenient. Front desk agents very professional and polite. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear elenaore2003 - Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for the wonderful compliments about our team! I'll be sure to pass them on. We're so glad you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service while you were here. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was a conference attendee in Richmond and very happy with the Doubletree Airport location. Easy in & out, a quick trip to the Richmond Convention Center each day (there is no traffic to speak of) and near many conveniences on the "commute" in and out of town. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Patrica L - Thank you so much for taking the time review your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you have come to expect quality from the Hilton brand, just as I have, then avoid this location. It is outdated, and worse it is filthy. They tub fixture did not work properly, the room was dirty, dirty dishes sat in the hall for the duration of my stay, and the bathroom was disgusting. I have never written a negative review about a Hilton property in the 14 years I have stayed with them, but this location is Hilton in name only.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Dale C - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable and we are addressing the issues that you outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
1 mi away
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!