“Richmond business trip”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
“Richmond business trip”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an excellent place to stay. I would highly recommend the rib eye meal. The staff was exceptional. It was a great value for the price. Being so close to the airport I was quite impressed as to how quiet the hotel was. I would greatly recommend this hotel as a place to stay when in Richmond.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear C4919HQscottm - Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for the wonderful compliments about our team! I'll be sure to pass them on. We are so glad enjoyed your meal prepared by our in-house restaurant, Wings. We hope to see you agains hould your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice people, no service complaints - this is just a tired old hotel. Located directly at the airport. I don't understand the "Green" decal on the front door - the toilet in my room was an old school 60 gallon flush tank. And - seriously - Doubletree - invest in decent ironing boards. The creaky cheezy board in my room had rope wrapped around it to hold the 59 cent cover on - impossible to iron a shirt.

1 Thank brianmC2748KB
Dear brianmC2748KB - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns that you mentioned in your review. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area.

Fife, Washington
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Dirty rooms smelled like cigarettes even in non smoking room. Sticky bathroom floor, urine. Mold in bathtub and broken bath tub shower nozzle. Fleas in room. Room ceiling was falling part. Just overall nasty room. Please stay away. Noise all night of slamming doors. Unclean, unsanitary . What a mess of a room and hotel. I can not believe this hotel has not lost its doubletree banner and is run by Hilton as I stayed in the Hilton garden inn Durham night before and it was the great. Don't bee fooled any positive reviews for this hotel. You will thank me for warning you prior.

1 Thank AH R
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear AH R - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we apologize that your stay was disappointing. We will certainly address the issues and concerns you have outlined. We thank you again for your feedback.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Travellers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The walls of this hotel, or at least our room, are paper thin. Ask for a top floor as that might help. We only stayed there for proximity to airport for a 6 a.m. flight. They do have a prompt shuttle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear FFG - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay with us. We truly value your input and will address the issues you outlined. Again, thanks for your feedback and have safe travels!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I booked one night here using some HH points + $40. Shortly after I checked in and went to my room, another guest was given my same room and barges in on me. The manager Dave apologized profusely, comped my dinner, and said that I would not be charged for the hotel night. That was great - I accepted. I understand that mistakes happen and I got over the incident quickly. However the next morning when I went to check out, the clerk on duty at the desk provided my bill, which still showed a $35 room charge - don't even know where that would have come from. I explained the situation and he said there were no notations in the file. He ended up removing the charge but stated that it was "against his better judgement" and basically accused me of lying (he attempted to sound like he was joking) so I was pretty offended. I wouldn't stay here again. Too many issues.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Jessica M - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your input. We are addressing the issues you outlined and will take corrective actions. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We booked this hotel because it was close to the airport, with a shuttle, so the newlywed couple did not have to leave their car in the parking lot. The hotel is clean and accomadations were very good. We found the experience great after a very hectic week of wedding preparations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Wedding Day Bliss

Dear Alan H - Congratulations to the newlyweds! We are so pleased the stay was enjoyable and that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Only stayed here one night, but the staff members were so friendly and helpful, especially the front desk. I'd give the hotel another star if the rooms weren't so very old and dark. But the beds were comfortable and I slept well. My friend that was flying into RIC had no trouble using the shuttle to get to the hotel, and then took the shuttle to a nearby Target, which was great.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jaded0622 - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for your wonderful compliments about our team! We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns you mentioned. We are so pleased you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service during your stay! We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!