“Disgusting Hotel”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
“Disgusting Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, the exterior is very inviting. However, I should realized what I was instore for once I entered the unairconditioned elevators. The room was dingy to say the least, the bathroom was gross. There was mold on the tiles, dirt in the corners of the tub and the floor was sticky. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank beachbutler
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear beachbutler - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Thank you for the feedback and we wish you safe travels.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Richmond, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hairs on the bathroom floor and bathtub, damaged furniture, ripped bedsheets.... The room I was in at this hotel makes Motel 6 a five star hotel by comparison. On the flip side, the room service was prompt and the food was edible.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Charles S - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your input. We are addressing the issues you outlined and will take corrective actions. Thank you again and have safe travels.

small in North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 4 times. I enjoyed it each time. I did have some minor problems, but it would not change my mind about staying there. I love attending the jazz bar with the live music on Friday nights. The atmosphere is really relaxing. I encourage anyone who would like to just get away for a weekend to stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Nancy G - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoy our Jazz Night events! We hope to see you again soon!

Maineville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Where do I start with this one… let’s be kind and go for the good
• 2 x 46 inch TV’s with 60 odd channels
• Comfy bed
• Quiet room
• Good Aircon
• Hot, powerful shower
Now the bad
• I’m actually sitting in my room writing this and looking at the wall… Holy cow it’s grim.
o Paint peeling off.
o Dubious stains
o Dubious smell when walking in
o Light switches and electric sockets hanging out of the wall.
o Carpets are just nasty.
• The TV – 60 odd channels. No channel listing anywhere…
• On my 4th night here. 3 nights I get to my room and my key won’t work. I expressed my frustration about this tonight and was given a ticket for 2 free drinks. The ticket said “for Hilton honors members’. Turns out I was entitled to these every night…
• I get my 2 drinks (pinot noir) and was asked if I was taking to my room. I confirmed I was and she proceeded to pour the wine and then put cling film over the top… different…
• Bottom of bath is more black than white

Overall
I’m embarrassed for Hilton that this hotel carries their name. It’s the only hotel I’ve stopped at (after 120 days travelling a year for 15 years) that I kept my socks on at all times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Neilbond007 - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly value your input. We are addressing the issues you outlined and will take corrective actions. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel while visiting Richmond and have always had a good experience. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating and a plus is you get a warm cookie anytime you want it front he front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Amanda M - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are so pleased you've always had wonderful experiences here and hope to see you again in the future. We'll have the a cookie ready for you!

Richmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bathroom over the tub could use more lighting besides that, it was a pleasant stay. Bed was very soft and comfortable. Cable channels are easy to navigate through without looking at unnecessary sales pitch before choosing a regular channel. Price is reasonable and the cookie given at checking in is a nice gesture.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Damon B - Thank you for the review of your stay with us. We are so pleased you found your stay enjoyable and that you enjoyed the warm Doubletree by Hilton Cookies! We hope to see you again soon.

Princeton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The furnishings and décor of the room made it feel depressing. It definitely needs updating and freshening up. I would not stay again for this reason. In fact on my way back from Raleigh (thru Richmond) I chose to stay at another Hilton property and was much more comfortable. If lighting is important to you, do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Hedy D - Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns that you mentioned in your review. We hope you'll give us another chance should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!