“Great stay at DoubleTree/Richmond Airport”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Oxon Hill, United States
“Great stay at DoubleTree/Richmond Airport”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stay at DoubleTree/Richmond Airport was marvelous. Staff extrememely friendly and courteous. Room immaculate, bed and pillows exquisite and the cookie was divine. I was concerned with room being on the first floor, we would hear lots of noise. The noise was kept to a minimum which made the stay extra special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Renee F - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be passed along to our team. We hope to see you again and can't wait to welcome you back with a delicious Doubletree by Hilton Chocolate Chip cookie!

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Richmond Doubletree at near the airport on my way down to the US Open tournament and then I decided to stay again on the way back up and this was a pleasant hotel with a good breakfast it with simple but the staff was very nice and southern and I enjoyed my stay I'm a very frequent traveler with built-in with hundreds of days per year I know everything about this brand and they did a good job and I was happy with the service so we be glad to repeat my stay when I'm heading south through that area again

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear bpbiggers b - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast buffet! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our team! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

eaumont, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel needs to be updated. If you do not mind, bubbled carpet, tape patches. Fridays, not a good night to stay as they have a band that bring out the ghetto crowd. Staff was friendly and the location is great for airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Iris N - Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues you outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com

Travellers are raving about these Sandston hotels

Williamsburg, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is convenient to the airport, offers park and fly and shuttle service, has a great restaurant and bar, and clean and comfortable rooms for a reasonable price. We have never been disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Brenda M - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, as well as our in-house restaurant, Wings. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport Area!

Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here because I had a 5 am flight out of Richmond and I live 1.5 hours from the airport. I didn't want to make the trip at 2 am, so I came up the night before. I didn't even get to the property until about midnight, so I was only there a few hours.

The hotel is adjacent to the airport and therefore, convenient for travelers. They also have a free shuttle to the airport. An early flight is the ONLY reason I would stay here again. Everything in the hotel was old and dated. Not exactly a luxurious stay. It wasn't plush, but it wasn't a roach motel either. I didn't find it to be dirty, it's just old. Honestly surprised that the DoubleTree still has its' brand on this property.

I used my Hilton Honors points to pay for the room. If I were paying cash, I probably would have opted to stay at the Courtyard which is in close proximity.

If you're only going to be there a few hours, it's not bad. However, this is not a place you would want to spend a full day or two.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tiffani S
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Tiffani S - Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We value your feedback and are addressing the concerns you have outlined. We hope that if you have future hotel needs in the area, you will stay with us again.

Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff is fine, but the level of cleanliness and the outmoded furniture/rugs need updating urgently. It's ok if you need a place to crash before or after a trip. Definitely not a destination hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Judith S
Dear Judith S - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues that you outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

shannon@doubletreerichmond.com
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, the exterior is very inviting. However, I should realized what I was instore for once I entered the unairconditioned elevators. The room was dingy to say the least, the bathroom was gross. There was mold on the tiles, dirt in the corners of the tub and the floor was sticky. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank beachbutler
Dear beachbutler - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Thank you for the feedback and we wish you safe travels.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!