Flight was canceled and the airline provided this hotel room free, which was both nice and convenient. A shuttle took me across the street from airport to hotel. Though everything from the shuttle to the dining hall is old and could use some repair, the hospitality and friendly service is the best I've experienced; Better than any 4+ resort I've stayed in this year. Front desk staff checked in numerous travels late at night, providing each customer with the same pleasant demeanor, directions to rooms, etc. and a bottle of water with a double tree warm chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was big and delicious too! Such a delight after a long travel day with delays and cancelations. The room was clean and beds/pillows comfortable. The room was quiet and cable tv provided. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf brand coffee in room were also a welcomed treat. The toiletries were better and more complete than the upscale hotel I just stayed in on my vacation. There was one problem with the toilet leaking, but it was not a huge issue and did not interfere with my stay. I ate in the dining hall and the food was excellent; the service was great as well. Newspapers are provided in the lobby. Overall this is a great hotel for an overnight stay or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closet hotel to the Richmond International Airport. Complimentary shuttle within a three mile radius. On site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Richmond Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Richmond Airport
- Doubletree Sandston
- Doubletree Hotel Sandston
- Sandston Doubletree