“Can't Recommend this Hotel”

Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Fairport, United States
“Can't Recommend this Hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First I must say most of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. One very sore housekeeper. The hotel needs a major update and cleaning. We took pictures of dirty walls, water spots on the walls and ceilings, terrible shower, etc. Plan to blog about it. It's unfortunate because the location is good and the layout of the rooms is good, but it's time for a remodel and cleaning.

1 Thank Twyla C
ServiceandQuality, General Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you so much for your recent comments about our hotel. Anytime we can receive feedback whether a compliment or constructive criticism we truly appreciate it. When we fall short, we do sincerely apologize. Without feedback like this we can not reach our goal of providing accommodations that exceed our guests' expectations. We do take great pride in our hotel and want to always provide the very best for our loyal guests, like yourself. Please free to contact me directly at dave@doubletreerichmond.com! Thank you again and safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Flight was canceled and the airline provided this hotel room free, which was both nice and convenient. A shuttle took me across the street from airport to hotel. Though everything from the shuttle to the dining hall is old and could use some repair, the hospitality and friendly service is the best I've experienced; Better than any 4+ resort I've stayed in this year. Front desk staff checked in numerous travels late at night, providing each customer with the same pleasant demeanor, directions to rooms, etc. and a bottle of water with a double tree warm chocolate chip cookie. The cookie was big and delicious too! Such a delight after a long travel day with delays and cancelations. The room was clean and beds/pillows comfortable. The room was quiet and cable tv provided. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf brand coffee in room were also a welcomed treat. The toiletries were better and more complete than the upscale hotel I just stayed in on my vacation. There was one problem with the toilet leaking, but it was not a huge issue and did not interfere with my stay. I ate in the dining hall and the food was excellent; the service was great as well. Newspapers are provided in the lobby. Overall this is a great hotel for an overnight stay or two.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Meretravel23 - Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad we were able to be there for you when your travel plans were interrupted. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and their exceptional level of care and attention to your needs. We do apologize for the leak you experienced and hope it did not greatly diminish your overall experience. Thanks again for your input, and we hope to be able to serve you the next time your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area.

Harry
harry@doubletreerichmond.com
Hurricane, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Desk clerk was great. He explained all the amenities and showed concern that I if there was any thing I needed to give him a call. He even called my room to be sure every thing was to my satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shannon S, Manager at Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Harold L - Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Richmond International Airport area!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Check in was easy and fast. It's an older hotel but nice. The price, service and proximity to airport make it a good choice. Hotel personnel at front desk, room service, maid service and the dining room service was excellent. Rooms were clean and fresh each day. I would stay there again. Because it's an older hotel I gave it a 3 but service is a 4+.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear alaska1231 - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your compliments to our team will be passed along! We hope to see you again soon!

Oxon Hill, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stay at DoubleTree/Richmond Airport was marvelous. Staff extrememely friendly and courteous. Room immaculate, bed and pillows exquisite and the cookie was divine. I was concerned with room being on the first floor, we would hear lots of noise. The noise was kept to a minimum which made the stay extra special.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Renee F - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Your compliments will be passed along to our team. We hope to see you again and can't wait to welcome you back with a delicious Doubletree by Hilton Chocolate Chip cookie!

Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Richmond Doubletree at near the airport on my way down to the US Open tournament and then I decided to stay again on the way back up and this was a pleasant hotel with a good breakfast it with simple but the staff was very nice and southern and I enjoyed my stay I'm a very frequent traveler with built-in with hundreds of days per year I know everything about this brand and they did a good job and I was happy with the service so we be glad to repeat my stay when I'm heading south through that area again

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear bpbiggers b - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast buffet! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to our team! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

eaumont, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel needs to be updated. If you do not mind, bubbled carpet, tape patches. Fridays, not a good night to stay as they have a band that bring out the ghetto crowd. Staff was friendly and the location is great for airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Iris N - Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are addressing the issues you outlined. Thank you again and have safe travels.

Shannon@doubletreerichmond.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Been to Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!