“great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
LIVINGSTON
“great hotel”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was a very nice hotel. It was easy to find, close to shopping. It was very close to the airport. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast had a large selection of breakfast items. It was east to check in & out. Good parking, close to the lobby. Very close to fast food places.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest
I am pleased to see that We met and went above your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Michael Brown,GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mount Sidney, Virginia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We always stay here when we fly out of RIC airport. The rates are great, the service has always been courteous, and our car is watched the entire time we are gone, the staff is also quick to pick you up with the shuttle van when you arrive back at the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I would also like to Thank You for your Loyalty to the brand and your kind words. Looking forward to your next visit.

Deltaville, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We consistently stay here when our vacation flights leave Richmond, VA. It is convenient to the airport, has a complimentary shuttle, free guest parking while you are away, and has a nice complimentary breakfast....even the US Air crews overnight.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest
I am glad to see that we are doing our jobs each and every time you choose to stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand along with your king words.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed for a business trip. Rooms were nice, comfortable, clean. Hallways looked creepy, for some reason reminded me of a horror movie lol. Overall a good stay, close to the airport, ok service, vending machines, and close to stores.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest
First I would like to Tahnk You for taking time out to leave your comments regarding your time and stay here at my Hotel. However I am quite puzzled as to why you consider my hallways to be creepy. Over the last year we have spent a lot of energy and funds into renovating this Hotel. The Hallways were part of the plan. We have brand new carpeting om all hallways along with New Bright Wallpaper and Lighting. Artwork is in order and will arrive in due time. I apologize if you felt creepy, but that is not our goal.
Michael Brown/GM
Christiansburg, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel, close to Richmond International Airport, was entirely adequate for our family's restful night's sleep. No frills. Check in/out very fast. Friendly staff. The elevator died just as we were checking out, but a repairman was at the scene very quickly. The front-desk staff was apologetic, but these things happen. Better that it occurred when we were hauling our gear to our car instead of up to the third floor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank You so much for taking time out to leave your comments regarding your stay. I am pleased that everything was to your liking. Yes, I apologize for the elevator situation and i sincerely Thank You and your family for being so understanding.

Michael A Brown, General Manager
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Not new, or very old, but up to date, clean and comfortable to walk into. Especially, for the money. You can easily spend more for a little of the glitter you get with a newer place. Location's OK, with plenty of fast food and convenience stores, other hotels, in short walking distance. Everything is as it should be, working! Good to find a place that's somewhere in the average, decent range, like this. I really want to pay compliments to the staff here. Spending the entire weekend here, gives a different look. Often times you may have minimal encounters with anyone, except checking in and you never know what you'll run into. I really believe that the attitude you encounter usually reflects whoever's running things, so hats off to the guy or gal that's in charge. Everyone I've encountered has been just plain old "nice" and I noticed. The desk has done a good job and the shuttle guy will even take you to a local business, not just the usual, pick you up and take you back. I won't hesitate to make reservations here again when I'm in the area ! Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank You so much for your wonderful words. I am pleased to see that that staff and I met your expectations and more. Yes we would love the chance to be able to serve as your host again, until then, I Truly Thank You
Carlisle, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very close to the airport with a decent shuttle service. We left at 5am to go to the airport and didn't have time to try the breakfast but it was available at that time. Very reasonable park and fly rate for 8 days of parking. The hotel decor is the standard in the lobby and room. Late night check in staff were pleasant. I have no complaints other than that my daughter left her two stuffed animals (she calls her babies) in the hotel room at 4:45am when she was pulled out of bed and gotten ready to go to the airport. Once we were at the airport I realized she had left them. We called the hotel, gave our room number and name and asked them to collect them and hold them until we return in 8 days. They said sure, no problem. Upon arrival back at the hotel they said they didn't know where they were but they may be in the managers office but he wasn't in that day and they took our information down and said they would send them to us. They never got back to us. While it's not the hotels fault that my daughter left her stuffed animals in the room, they told us they would get them and hold them for us. It's just disappointing that they found that request too difficult to follow through with. They weren't expensive but to a 7 yr old she doesn't want "new" ones, she wants her babies. I have tried to tell her it's best not to take them with her away from home because she could lose them but I guess this is a lesson she had to learn the hard way.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank You for your words regarding your stay and experience. I do want to address the stuffed animal matter.
Yes, there was a called recieved stating that there was stuffed animals left in this particular room. A Lost and Found ticket was produced and passed on to the Housekeeping Supervisor. Upon inpecting the room for the items the Supervisor was unable to locate any stuffed animals. Yes, I will agree that my staff and I fell short on our cusrtomer service skills by not following up with you on the status of the lost items and I would like to sincerely apologize for that. Because of this incident the staff has been retrained on handling lost and found items and calls and i can assure you that matters of this nature will be handled differently in the future.

Sincerely
Michael Brown, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!