“Overnight stay to catch early morning flight”

Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport which runs frequently from very early morning to late at night. This was the main reason for choosing this hotel as I needed to catch a very early flight. They also provide a very early breakfast which was much appreciated. The room was very clean (looked newly decorated), and the bed was very comfortable. The airport is some way out of town and so the neighborhood doesn't offer much but as the main reason for staying is probably for easy access to the airport that may not be an issue. I don't know if Best Western are doing a program of upgrades but this is the second one I've stayed in recently which was definitely a cut above many that I've been to in the past. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Needmorecoffeenow
MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We sincerely appreciate your business and we value the opinions of our guests, the best form of advertisment is by word of mouth. The airport is not centerally locate from the city, so we offer the early morning and late night shuttles as well as early to rise breakfast so that our guest will have a good night sleep before boarding a plane, but they will also be able to have a bite to eat before their early start, on which could be a long day of traveling. Conveniently located just an half a mile from the airport I can say the country does not have much to offer but there are a few local attraction such as The Aviation Musuem, local skating, bowling as well as a mall area to take part in before winding down to rest before your trip. Thanks again for staying with us, we hope that we will continue to be your choice hotel and look forward to seeing you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for the last two nights before flying home to Ireland. Hotel was immaculately clean. Rooms were spotless. Loved the added touch of having shampoo, lotion and conditioner dispensers. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious every morning. Made my first waffle, they're not so popular in Ireland. Airport pickup was smooth. Little Tip: The Arby's across the street from this hotel actually has an expanded menu and is more like a lovely sit down restaurant with some great different foods than the normal Arby's.. highly recommended! If we ever make it back to Richmond, we will definitely be staying here! Thanks to everyone for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to extend a warm welcome to you and congratulate you for choosing our fine hotel. We are devoted to providing excellent facilities and amenities such as the shampoo, lotion and conditioner dispensers. We take pride in providing you a warm friendly environment and are ecstatic that we could have offer you your first waffle. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to hopefully having you as guest in our hotel in the future.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is very convenient if you are flying out of the Richmond Airport. The rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly and breakfast was a bonus! I also appreciated that the shuttle to the airport was on time and arrived within 10 minutes when I called it to pick us up on our return trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
MICHAEL B, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback after your recent stay. Especially for mentioning our very central location to the Richmond Virginia Airport. We are delighted to hear of your appreciation for our very clean rooms, friendly staff and our wonderful breakfast. Word of mouth is the best form of advertisement and we greatly appreciate your kind words and reccommendations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thanks again
Director of Sales

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I like staying at Best Western hotels. The hotels that I have stayed at are very nice. The front desk clerk that work that night of 4-5-14 was very helpful and pleasant. I really like soap and lotion pump in the bathroom, it was too cute. I plan to stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback after your stay. We are happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, especially the excellent accommodation and our friendly staff. The soap dispenser were part of a recent renovation and we are glad that it has been a great addition. We would be very pleased to welcome you again, next time you visit.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2014

the room was pretty much spotless, but the bed was hard as a rock. we hadn't planned on renting a hotel, but the price was really good for the room. i like that there were toiletries, and i was even able to get a toothbrush and toothpaste from the desk staff. the sheets smelled good. the tv was a nice big flat screen that we were able to use our usb phone chargers on. the remote, i think, was running out of batteries. i think, if i had any recommendations, that the hotel should provide ear plugs as it was so close to the airport. but that's about it. oh....and the bed!!! yikes. please upgrade your mattresses!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Let me take this opportunity and thank you for choosing us for your stay, I want you to know how much we enjoyed having you. We take pride in our spotless rooms and I sincerely apologize that the bed did not meet up to your standards, it seems to be a "Catch 22" some praise us for our beds while others well...........Being an airport property noise can be a factor and luckliy the planes do not fly diectly over in our direction, but im pretty sure there may be some noise and by living here we may be a bit bias but understanding, where as it has just become second nature to us and we do not even realize it. However I will bring that up in our next meeting to offer earplugs as a toiletry item to our guest as we do offer an array of other items. Thanks so much for staying with us again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I wrote ahead telling them I needed lower level room and was traveling with my service dog. When checked in was given room on second floor all the way at end of hall, difficult to walk that far. Carpets in hallway had wrinkled floor mats, slipping hazard. Room had tile floors another slipping hazard. Chair at desk had wheels, which was fall hazard because it rolled out from under person, and was only inches above floor, which made it hard to get in and out of. Small, cramped room with only one rack for luggage. Other bags had to be put on floor. Breakfast room dirty, not adequately supplied to meet number of guests. Eggs and sausage were burned. When mentioned deficiencies, was told that this was the room reserved for pets. I informed them that my dog was not a pet, but a working service dog, and that they needed to be more cognizant of the needs of disabled guests.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask a lot of questions before you book.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MICHAEL B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hello Again,
As we spoke previously at the front desk during your check out, i apologized for the inconvenience of not being able to meet your request for a first floor room due to rooms that are already occupied. I also explained that pets/service dogs or animals all have designated rooms due to that fact that other guest are allergic to pet dander, hair, etc.
I cannot promise any guest anything, we will work hard to comply with your request but we cannot guarantee it as it was in your case.
At the end of our conversation I offered you a Best Western Travel Card for your inconvenience which you accepted.
I do wish you safe and happy travels as you continue your journey or any future trip you have planned.
Michael Brown

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is good for overnight but the rooms don't make the stay very enjoyable. We had two-double beds and there is no couch or chair to sit on besides the bed. Maybe a bigger room would of made the stay better. We were there three days and you get tired of having to "sit" on a bed the whole time you are in the room. The room was clean, the bathroom was smaller than I would like. They let us check in early and that was a plus. They had a lot of construction workers and groups of high-school kids there the same time.
The hotel is right across from the airport and they have airport shuttles back and forth. We weren't using this service but I am sure many people do.
I guess the only other con to this hotel was trying to get supplies off the maids cleaning the rooms. We never take housekeeping and usually we can just get what we need off them but they wouldn't give us anything. One night we came back and our keys wouldn't work but that does happen occasionally. A trip to the front desk and we got new keys.
The location is probably the best thing about this hotel. There are lots of restaurants, stores, etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
First, Thank you for taking time to leave your comments. I would like to apologize for the size of your room. We have worked hard to redesign those rooms with space in mind, other than the desk chair we find it to be really cramped if we added another chair in any sort.
As I mention to you earlier in a previous email, my housekeeping staff is primary spanish speaking. In looking back into the paperwork the 2 housekeepers that were in charge of your room had no english speaking skills. when speaking with them one mention that she wasnt clear what you needed, she thought you were requesting No Service.
Since then We have made changes, the housekeepers will inform you that she doesnt speak english and she will get someone immediately to assist.
I wish you all the best as you continue your travels.
Michael Brown

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!