“Bed Bugs!!!”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Bed Bugs!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Bed BUGS!!!!! Lots of them. I beg of you, as I sit here itching at a ten, on a scale from 1 to 10 with ten being the itchiest, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT, stay at this infested place.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lyshawnmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Well if you want to find out how to do those three things and more make sure to stay at this hotel. Not only was this place the most dirty hotel I have ever been to but they refused to give me towels when I asked for me answering saying that " they are being washed" for over 3 hours. The walls were dirty, the bathroom smelled, no place for a plug for my phone, no TV. Not to mention they charged us two times, and we had a hard time getting our money back. NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank melineg
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Ok, so i stayed at this hotel around July. I came from California from a business trip. When i entered around midnight first thing i noticed were a couple of teen guys making noises. Then they started looking in cars for something. Well i ignored that and kept walking until i got to the front desk. The girl was rude. She gave me a room next to the teens even though i asked her not to give me a room next to theirs. I paid 50 dollars which was pretty cheap but not worth it. It was dangerous. I told the guys to be quite around 3 in the morning (they were drunk) but they started throwing stuff at me so i ended up just going to the Marriott across the airport. NEVER EVER WILL I STAY AT A CHEAP PLACE AGAIN. WORSE HOTEL

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank John S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

OK, where to start? I was in VIRGINIA BEACH, staying in the hotelon the ATLANTIC ocean and the next day spent all day On the BEACH close to NORTH CAROLINA boarder.
I thought that to get from there to ECONOD LODGE RIC would be only 1 HOUR. but It was miscalculation on my part: it was about 2 hours +.
I Booked hotel in advance online, and when I arrived at about 10 PM, for just to spend a nightin the hotel, and to sleep take showers and move on Up NORTH, home-
I was aware that it is not a vey expensive hotel and probably has flows. It started from the beginning,
I booked a non smocking room, but when i got to the hotel only smocking rooms were available.
On the first floor.
when I was in the front desk lobby, there was Police came and go, and Came and Go again 2 times about someone in the hotel .or around,
I opened the DOORS (it was over 100 F last summer and it was hot) to ventilate the room. Little help and dangerous,
there was a company of young people next door ,who celebrated someething very loud,
and were noisy at 1 AM-2 AM.
I looked out form my window and i saw that 2 young men looking in my car. Like they are looking what is inside.
i got dressed and changed location of parking of my car at that time 1-2 AM.
I moved my car closer to the FRONT ENTRANCE under lights.
but when I returned back to my room, I saw 2 young men, one in yellow pants, without shirt nad large letters Old English Tattoes from one shoulder to another shoulder ovr his chest with golden yellow chain and hat baseball hat turned around on his head like Lil Wayne, he ws young black man His partner was latin man dressed in green jersey, large chains golden chain on the neck, they were standing at my windows of my room and loud talked
I asked them to leave the position because it is loud talking and I can hear it and i want to sleep and move on at 6AM.
they laughed at me, they were intoxicated and I was stupid to enter in this argument.
I said that if they dont go away i will call the police.
The yellow pants man laughed at me: Oh really? the POLICE are our freinds and they will not listen to you.
i gave up, and closed the door, but called to the front desk and ask for the REFUND and that i am LEVAING NOW.

I told to the GIRL who was on Night shift what happened and I am afraid that they will vandalize my car in vendetta.

She listened to me and she said; Dont worrry i know who is this and I know what POLICE they are talking about.

It was 2 AM.
There were bags in the ZINK and on the floor.
i took showers, placed towels all over the floor from showers to the bed and tried to sleep until 6 AM and I left between 6 and 7 AM.

no i dont think I will be coming back there,
I already wrote aletter about it to their president and they refunded to me and in addition sent to me acheck $20 for disturbances.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank HubzoneILSF
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stayed here because of its short distance to the airport. The girl at the desk was rude and was making moves at my husband. Not professional. The room was not clean and the sheets smelled like BO. The shower tub was cracked in the middle and the water would change pressure and temperatures while showering. The bed pillows had sweat stains and were not clean. The hallways were noisy at night. It was just an overall horrible stay from the moment we walked in till we left.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Matty57g
MikeHampton, Owner at Knights Inn Sandston Near RIC Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry about the poor experience you had at our Econo Lodge.

We strive to offer clean comfortable overnight accommodations at an affordable price. Clearly, we missed the mark with your stay.

I have reviewed your service related comments with the front desk clerk who was rude to you and your cleanliness comments with the housekeeping staff. We will make the necessary changes to improve.

Again, I am sorry about your experience. Hopefully, you'll give us another chance the next time you travel through Richmond.

Michael
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2009

one of the worst nights in a hotel ever passed. The room has a window opening, and if you have the room finished six smokers, is impregnated with smoke. The bathroom is dirty and falling to pieces, there was hair everywhere, even in bed, the room is dusty lenzuola.La and the feeling of dirt clearly dominates.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin2110
MikeHampton, Owner at Knights Inn Sandston Near RIC Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2009
I'm concerned about your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised regarding the smoke smell in your room have been addressed.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Michael Allen
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 30 April 2009

What do you expect for $55 a night? A clean room. I was looking for a cheaper place to stay than my normal for my 6am flight out the next morning. The room was not dirty per se, but it was not well kept. The extra $15 at the other hotels are worth it the peace of mind. Was that scratch from a bed bug or is it in my head?!? (No bed bugs experienced.) A positive note: the check-out lady at 4:30am was very nice: she gave our family breakfast muffins through the secured door.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
MikeHampton, Owner at Knights Inn Sandston Near RIC Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2009
I'm concerned about the negative perception of value you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Michael, Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Knights Inn Sandston Near RIC Airport? Share your experiences!