“Courtyard Hotels are a great value”

Courtyard Richmond Airport
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We often stay at Marriott Courtyards and this one was a fine example of what makes them reliably fine. Nice room (appreciated the balcony which could actually be accessed!) that was exactly what we requested in terms of location & size, plus it has an indoor pool. Convenient to the airport and there is a free shuttle. I do wish they provided some small extras, such as coffee in the lobby, or maybe a daily newspaper, plus the TV in the room was very oddly situated--somehow it was both too far away from the couch, and too close to the bed. But the only time we watched TV was to check the weather report so for us it was only a small drawback. The pillows were extremely small, especially for a king size bed, but they brought more pillows very quickly when we requested them so no problem there. AC was not noisy and very efficient. Check in and out is easy and professional. Plenty of parking. Good security.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road; traffic can be quite loud!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Not sure if it was just me, but my stay was just mediocre. I was there for a family reunion and for whatever reason, I just did not get the sense of cleanliness that I normally get when I stay at a Marriott property. The staff was very friendly, but on two separate occasions, I had to notify someone that the toilet in the bathroom was acting up. They came immediately both times to fix it, but I don't think that there should have been a second time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is fine as far as airport hotels go, but I think it's the only Courtyard that I have ever stayed in that doesn't offer free coffee in the lobby in the morning. the options are to make crappy coffee in your hotel room in the mini coffee maker, or buy the coffee that they sell at the Bistro (and usually wait in line to do so). I found that irritating. Otherwise, the hotel is fine. I agree with other comments about the placement of the TV being odd and making it hard to watch TV from the bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stay here often when flying in and out of Richmond. The free shuttle makes it easy to return the car the night before and fly out in the morning hassle free. The staff is friendly and helpful and there are some decent places to eat in the area.

Room Tip: A courtyard view is best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here enroute to Alabama and found this location to be very convenient. We made use of the guest laundry. The location was so convenient - a short distance from the highway and a wide variety of dining options were nearby. The only drawbacks were the layout of our room (TV was parallel to the bed and this made for uncomfortable viewing) and a broken drawer that would not stay pushed in.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stay at this location on almost a weekly basis. The rooms are like most other Courtyards now with the updated furniture. This location also has the bistro concept for breakfast and dinner with a small bar. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will continue to stay here whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our stay at Courtyard by Marriott Airport was a very pleasant stay. We opted to stay here since it was so close to the airport. Since we had an early flight from New Jersey to Richmond we knew that we would arrive before check in, but of course because Marriott is very accomodating our room was ready early. The front desk was very friendly, polite and helpful. The room and bathroom was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy and becasue the hotel was very quiet we slept like babies. When we return to Richmond we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#8 of 15 in Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Courtyard Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!