“convenient and has a great breakfast”

Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Athens, Georgia
“convenient and has a great breakfast”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Hard to find off Williamsburg Blvd--no sign, but eventually found it right across from the Red Roof Inn. Not terribly exciting rooms, but great value. Rooms clean and staff helpful. They have an excellent breakfast included in the price of the room--I was surprised to find something more than stale danish!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank orange2927

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 2/15/13-2/17/13....The front desk staff and housekeeping were the most accomodating staff I've ever encountered, and as you can see I've stayed at many hotels...We stayed here to get prepared for a wedding (the bride and I). The front desk staff was very courteous and polite, and made sure we had a late check out on Sunday....The housekeeping staff made sure the rooms were very clean, because we had the bridal party getting make up and hair done.....It was by far the best hotel i've stayed at since I started doing reviews....I would definately reccomend this hotel, and it takes a lot for me to recommend a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get room beside the ice machine...They are kinda loud at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank colemanlatisha
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
We are very pleased that you had a great stay at our hotel. It is our goal to give all of our guests a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to respond with a positive review.
Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Recently stayed a night at this property before flying out of Richmond Airport (RIC). No frills but rooms were clean and comfortable and "Park and Fly" rate was much more reasonable than surrounding hotels. Breakfast buffet was nice - staff was pleasant. Shuttle service got us to the airport within 5 minutes and upon pick-up, only waited for shuttle about 10 minutes. As a side note, we flew on JetBlue from Richmond directly to Orlando. This was our first trip with this airline and it was a great experience. Check them out!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for the review of our Hotel and our Park & Fly Package. We have several guests who stay here often for the convenience of being able to leave their vehicle and to ride the shuttle to the airport. We hope you will also return to stay with us again.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Nice, clean, renovated,with everything in room:-TV,fridge,WiFi,Microwave,coffee.
Clean room, comfortable beds. and in the morning a good decent breakfast.
Good location near air port and shops center, and all of this in a good price ($66 incl. Tax.)
Dear friends , what else do you need??

Room Tip: We got 10% discount "senior price"
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GadiB69
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After booking with Choice Hotels COUNTLESS times and being a Choice Privilleges member, I have had by far my WORST customer service experience today with Comfort Inn Richmond Airport.

I called today and spoke with Alycia at the front desk. I was not accomodated in any way and I was not spoken to professionally at all. She was very arrogant and not once did I hear the word "yes" come from her. I asked for an early check in and she said "no," I then asked if I could come in and leave a phone number to be called when a room becomes available if any do before normal check in time and I got "I can almost garuntee you that no rooms will be available before 3PM." and my last question was if I could store my luggage at the hotel until check in time and she responded "okay, and then where are you going to go?" I worked at a hotel for 2 years and I would never treat a guest in such a way. Not onl did she not accomodate ANY request, she proceeded to call me "sweetheart" in the conversation. Her attitude was extremely arrogant and condescending. It was as though she felt she could speak to me how she pleased and found pleasure in the fact that when I asked for a manager, I could not be connected to one.

I asked for a manager or a supervisor and was told that there would not be another one on until monday?! I find it very hard to believe that there would be no manager present for 3 days.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Christa S
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
I apologize for any issues that you had with my Front Desk clerk on 10/12/12. My understanding is that you called in ay 8 am to try to get an early checkin for a friend who was at the airport. You were offered a 12 pm checkin which you said was unacceptable. I am sorry, but our checkin is at 3 pm and she was following Choice guidelines and hotel policy. You would not give her your name or your friend's name when she asked if you had a reservation. You also stated that you had called other hotels in the area and that no one would cooperate with you.I do not have any record of you staying with us. I assure you that she was not trying to be rude or arrogant to you. I was not in the hotel on Friday, but I am always available in emergency situations. We strive for excellent customer service here and I am sorry if you felt mistreated.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We were very pleased with our stay at this motel. After reading reviews about many other motels in the airport area, we were a bit afraid to stay anywhere in the area. However, this motel was clean and a decent place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherri E
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
We are very pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the positive review.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Have stayed here many times. Good business location, out of the city, but without the expected airport noise. Yeah, a few planes heard in the early evening and around 6:30 AM, but few if any night take-offs.

Functioning treadmill in the fitness room. Typical Choice breakfast with the fake eggs, but at least they keep hard-boiled eggs in the cooler witht he yogurt.

Room are clean, but need the new bedding upgrades and a Flat-screen TV. AARP rate was $66.49 + Tax. Not too bad for Richmond.

Would recommend for business travelers, but probably not for a couple with kids due to location.

Room Tip: First floor is s mixture of smoking/non-smoking. Not sure about other floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bizz-Traveler987
comfortric1, General Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We strive to give our guests a clean room and a pleasant stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!