“Good value but the rooms are just okay”

Quality Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 1 June 2010

The location is good. Not far from the airport. I arrived after midnight on Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend. The shuttle runs 24 hours a day but it did take about 15-20 minutes for the shuttle to get there. The shuttle bus services a total of 6 hotels. I am used to the Comfort Inn in Rockford, IL so I was expecting the room to look as nice as the rooms in Rockford. The room looked like it has been remodeled but it just seemed like something was "missing". The walls look like they have been newly done but some of the furniture not so much. The curtains looked cheap and the tile in the bathroom had cracks and looked old. I have stayed at much nicer hotels but I would stay here again because it was only $50 a night with my Sam's Club membership and the room was clean. I had room 119. The staff is nice enough. It was pretty noisy in the hallway after midnight so I wore earplugs to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 December 2009

Just stayed here one night. We had business on the airport so it was very convenient. The hotel looked like it had probably been redone recently. Every thing seemed fresh and clean. Yes, there is an elevator. Not sure where one of the other reviewers was?

Decent little breakfast in the morning and friendly shuttle driver to and from the airport. I would stay again without hesitation.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Generally we have high expectations for Choice Hotels at least to be clean and friendly. This hotel at least had the friendly staff part down. We arrived at check-in time, 2 PM, and our room wasn't ready for another 20 minutes. We were exhausted and had a 3 month old baby, so the wait was a bad start. We booked a handicap room as we had a TON of baby gear and the hotel does not have an elevator, so at least this way we were guaranteed a first floor room. I also expected it to be a bit larger to accommodate all of the baby items. Completely the opposite. Other than the bathroom, the rest of the room my husband called the "bat cave." It was dark, dirty, and cramped. I have no idea how this could meet handicap requirements. We actually did everything we could to keep the baby from getting anywhere near the hotel bedding as I didn't trust the cleanliness. Went out to dinner which helped pass the time. Breakfast the next morning was okay, except there was not enough seating. We ended up sitting on a couch and holding the baby in our lap while we ate belgian waffles. I would have much rather paid the $30-40 difference and felt safer/cleaner (and I'm usually the frugal person). Originally looking for something to just get us through the night before our early morning flight, but this was not a good call on my part.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank jkreeves1
Reviewed 17 September 2003

I have high expectations for most Choice hotels and I must say that I was terribly disappointed in this particular hotel. The only solid experience was the friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room in which I stayed could have used some serious cleaning and minor remodeling. Wallpaper was peeling a bit, the shower curtain had serious mold/mildew and could have been changed, the carpet was not clean in my opinion. The upholstery on the sitting chairs had some stains and the bathroom was marginally clean. I thought the room condition was ridiculous for the price and associated hotel name. I only stayed because we were desperate -- all other hotels in the immediate area were booked up and it was very late. I will never stay here again and future business with Choice Hotels may also be in jeopardy.

4  Thank Paul L
Management response:Responded 28 December 2003

We are currently making arrangements for renovating the entire hotel, and we have a policy that if you do not find a room acceptable, we encourage you to let us know, and we will move you to one that is. Also, during race weekend in September, the entire area is always sold out, and the rates are always higher. This can be an unpleasant surprise for a traveller who is not here for the races, and we keep our rates lower than some of the low-budget hotels in the area on these dates. Most importantly, I regret even one person who did not enjoy their stay and we will always strive to keep any of these issues from happening again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Richmond Airport

Address: 5240 Airport Square Ln, Sandston, VA 23150-1230 (Formerly Comfort Inn Richmond Airport)
Region: United States > Virginia > Sandston
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Price Range: £49 - £60 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Richmond Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn Richmond Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Sandston