“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

The hotel seemed either fairly new or recently upgraded. It was nicely decorated. Unfortunately, there was only one lady working to check people in. At first, I thought she was multitasking because she had a phone at each ear. Her "multitasking" was: one phone to schedule shuttle pick up for the person in front of us and she was on hold with her cell phone company with the other because her phone wasn't working. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't mind the noise of the planes taking off. The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes. We were packed in like sardines. The driver was borderline rude & his driving was horrible. Other than those two staff issues, the hotel was great and the rest of the staff I encountered were very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KatyP-Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
I'm so glad your overall experience was a good one at our hotel! I want to apologize to you for the staff members you encountered that were sub par. Since your review, we have made some major staff changes and would love a second chance to show you how much we appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I stayed at this property for a business trip and found the accommodations quite satisfactory (see attached pics of room #616). The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed (though no comparison to that of my favorite higher-end, budget hotel-- the Hampton Inn), was comfortable and did provide an assortment of soft and firm pillow options. I prefer a nice feather pillow, though, but they didn't have any available. Not a big deal but it would have been nice if they had a few kept in housekeeping for the occasional guest like me who requests it.

While I didn't take advantage of it on this particular trip, it was great that this room did provide a microwave and refrigerator since so many properties are getting away from including those lately.

The Lobby was very clean and pretty, and the staff super nice. I arrived early for check-in (before noon) and they welcomed me right in. Because I am a Priority Club member (which is free-- so sign up if you aren't one), I got a complimentary breakfast coupon to use in their restaurant. This coupon gave me the choice of 2 eggs (sunny side up, over easy, or scrambled) with either 2 strips of bacon or sausage, and white or wheat bread served with skillet-browned potatoes. Breakfast also came with coffee or a cup of juice.

All in all, a very nice stay and the location was super convenient for me since I had to fly out right after my meeting. I will say, though, that I only stayed at this property because I was coming for a meeting at this hotel but would have booked at the Hampton Inn (which is only the length of a football field away) if I had realized it was right next door. Still, the rate here was $15 cheaper for the night and it really was a nice hotel. No complaints-- except perhaps the feather pillow thing. :-)

p.s. Free wi-fi worked great, parking was free, and I did not notice any noise from the airport whatsoever.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
HenidhShah, General Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear debbiesdreamtrips,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Richmond Airport. We strive to go above and beyond when making our guest feel welcomed. Thank you for all the pleasant words you posted in your review. We hope to have you return in the future.
Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Richmond Airport.
Henidh Shah
phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

The hotel is beautiful, but (1) our room had been used after the maid had finished. There was used soap and shampoo in the bathroom, and a big time stain on the bed spread as well as trash in several places in the room. The front desk was understaffed so the clerk could not attend to customers and the phone. Plus we never got a wake up call. I suppose because the front desk clerk was distracted when we asked for the call. We have used this hotel before and it is generally pretty nice, but this is management falure and I regard it as serious enough to wonder if they really care about my business.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIFrontDesk445, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Good afternoon,

I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring the issues of your recent stay with us to our attention. Please know that the issues and incidents you encountered are very rare. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make each one's stay a satisfying one. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincerest apology. I want you to know that the feedback we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Holiday Inn- Richmond International Airport
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

Second time in this Holiday Inn by the Richmond Airport. What a great value for a nice, fresh and clean hotel. I picked up a hotel discount book at a rest area and got a coupon to make this hotel a GREAT DEAL !! Would stay here any time I come back to the Richmond area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFrontDesk445, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2011
to receive your kind words of praise about our hotel. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit!

Front Desk Manager
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

For a Holiday Inn, this is really nice. The hotel is new and modern. There is a nice bar downstairs and a friendly staff manning it. The only issue was that the first room they put us in had a weird odor, they changed us promptly into a new room and we had no more problems.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luca611
Dear Sir,

to receive your kind words of praise about our hotel's restaurant and lounge, as well as, the friendliness of the staff. I also want to briefly apologize about the room move due to the first room you went being unsatisfactory. I truly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

Perfect place to stay in order to catch an early flight out of Richmond. The staff welcomed us like never before. Absolute pros! No cold...ho hum clerks. They have the customer service spirit that is rare in the hotel industry. I commend management for getting it right!

Room was great. Quiet and spacious. Only tiny issue was the wake-up call came 20 minutes earlier than we asked. No biggie.

Shuttle service was free and van was clean. Absolutely no issues.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Justwantgoodservice
to receive your kind words of praise about our staff and the wonderful service they provided you during your recent visit. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

carriebell2
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

I stayed here on my way to Costa Rica and back. The first night the room was wonderful complete with cookies and water. The bed was very comfortable the room very clean and quiet. The second night on the way back from my vacation the room we were given did not have cookies or water and the towel holder inside the shower door was missing (the brackets were there but not the rod). I mentioned this upon check out and was promptly issued an apology and a $20 room discount.
The hotel is well maintained and very clean. There is a happy hour in the bar with 2 free drinks and a 20% discount at the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFrontDesk445, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Good afternoon,

On behalf of the staff at the Holiday Inn- Richmond Airport, I want to thank you for your compliment about and ratings for our hotel, our staff, and our amenities. Also, I want to briefly apologize for the minor issues you encountered during your recent stay. I am pleased to be informed that those issues were promptly resolved upon your departure. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all guests at reasonable prices. It's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of our accommodations and services.
Again, we appreciate your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely