“Nice full service hotel, convenient to airport”

Holiday Inn Richmond Airport
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 3 June 2012

While on business in Richmond, Virginia, I was pleasantly surprised to find a new, clean, very secure full service Holiday Inn with free shuttle service immediately adjacent to Richmond Airport. Lobby areas were bright and airy, cafe and bar was somewhat plain but definitely served the purpose while on an overnight stay waiting for a flight out of town. Not many local restaurant choices anyway so I felt well served without having to get a cab. Rooms were very spacious and clean with comfortable beds, quick internet service and very well priced.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary K
KatyP-Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Wow! We're so glad that you had a good stay at our hotel! With all of the other hotels in our area, we are always striving for 100% guest satisfaction and we love to hear that our employees are working hard to make sure that happens. Hopefully we'll see you again next time your travels take you to the Richmond area.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Located at the end of the Richmond International Airport runway is this Holiday Inn. There are 3 other chains in the same parking lot including an Express.
This hotel has a bar with top shelf liquor as well as a clean and inviting entrance.
The hotel is pretty new and the staff are on top of things, handling 2 minor complaints quickly and to my satisfaction.
This was a Hotwire pick but if I feel myself needing to stop on I-95, I'll look for this hotel by the Richmond Airport.

Room Tip: If you enjoy waking up to the sight of planes taking off, but not the loud jet sounds, pick a room f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Travelinbob19
KatyP-Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for the great review! As managers, we always like to hear that our staff was quick in responding to any issues that our guests have. We hope to see you again when you're in the Richmond area!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was in Richmond on business and became ill. I called the hotel and asked if I could check in early which would be around 12 noon because I was not feeling well. I was originally going to stay with family and sleep on the sofa, but since I was ill I just wanted to rest and be left alone. The hotel was very willing to accommodate me. The hotel was clean and quiet since I was ill. I was very appreciative of them extending me the help that I needed. I will return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We are glad that in a time of sickness, our staff could help you in your efforts to feel better! We hope to see you again soon, this time in 100% health!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

There was nothing spectacular about this hotel. It is a clean and nice Holiday Inn but you pretty much know what you are getting with most Holiday Inns. I would recommend it as the service was good and convenient to the airport and interstate. Also the price was very fair.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Cmcraven

We're glad that our hotel could deliver the level of service and satisfaction that you expect out of a Holiday Inn! We are constantly working with our staff to make sure that guests like you have a great experience!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Conveniently located just off I-64, this location is convenient to most of the Richmond attractions. Plenty of new and sparkling shopping centers with restaurants for most palates nearby. Rooms are new and clean and a friendly, helpfull staff combine to make this a very pleasant choice. Could add a large screen TV in the lobby seating area near the restaurant for entertainment near the bar.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! We're so glad that our location and staff combined to make your stay a good one! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

New property. Liked the full shower instead of a bathtub/shower combo. Fridge in king room. Friendly front desk staff. Convenient to airport and plenty of eating options one exit away. Wawa on the corner if you need to pick up stuff for room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We're glad that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nice decent clean hotel. Reception staff is very friendly and excellent customer service. Came in late night to check in and keys are all prepared ready for me.

Room is clean and spacious. A good place to rest and work in. Hotel restaurant served excellent choices of breakfast too.

Will definitely choose back this hotel to stay the next time I'm in Richmond.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BobsterSG
KatyP-Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are always pleased to receive such positive feedback! We cannot wait to have you as stay with us again.