“Nice Place”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
McLean, United States
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean. We enjoyed our stay. I would stay here again if I need to be near the Richmond airport. My daughter wants to make sure you know the pool and hot tub were freezing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Vasilios T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to email us your feedback. It means a lot, as it helps us improve our Service & Operations. We have shared your comments with our staff so they can improve for the future.

Thank you again for staying with us & Please Keep us in mind next time you are visiting the Area.

Vasilios T.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The PROs: Easy to find and very close to the airport.

Neutral: someone has to have the room with the horrible view, an this time, it was us. I get it, not every room can have a pleasant unobstructed view. Can't fault the hotel.
One of the two queen beds had a huge sinkhole in it. Sure, sometimes things like this happen.

The CONS: we selected this hotel for the proximity to the airport and because it offered a pool and a hot tub. About an hour after arriving, we discovered the indoor pool is freezing (despite the sign saying it was 80 degrees, no way!) and the hot tub was "out of order". There were huge dust bunnies an many bugs in the pool area. Great. When we returned to the room, we discovered half of the lights in our room didn't work. The next morning, we told the front desk about the lights being out and I was assured housekeeping would take care of it while we were out. I asked about at the hot tub being broken and she said they were waiting for a part and, "it's been a while". Great, seeing as the pool/hot tub were a deciding factor in choosing this hotel. Needless to say, once we got back from being out all day, the lights were still not working. The bathroom sink faucet is backwards, so, hot is cold and what is supposed to be cold is very hot. Not safe for my three kids.
I am totally disappointed in this experience. Knowing what I know now, I would have booked one of the two other hotels that literally share a parking lot with this place.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Leslieahearn
Sunny A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am extremely embarrassed & apologize regarding your experience at our hotel. We take your feedback very seriously and assure you that additional training has been done to prevent them from happening again.

Again, please accept my apology and please keep us in mind next time you are visiting Richmond, VA

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond because we were going to a concert in the area on our way to vacationing in South Carolina. Room was close to concert venue/access to 95. Everything seemed clean, check in and check out was fast and easy. Good value considering the price, especially with the government discount.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sunny A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to email us your feedback. It means a lot, as it helps us improve our Service & Operations. We always share your comments with the Staff as it will motivate them to do even better & provide consistent Great Service & Clean Accommodations.

Suffolk, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff excellent, food average, food servers for our event were not present to assist us in our Prayer Breakfast, at times the set-up crew were hard to find or were not on duty at critical times when we needed them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We took 3 kids under the age of 10 to this hotel & used it as a base for day trips. We had 2 rooms for 4 weekday nights. The rooms were well- appointed, and very clean. I love the Keurig coffee maker! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was not included, so we used the fridge & microwave to cut costs. The pool area is small, but very pretty, but the pool and whirlpool were rather cold.
The staff was friendly & addressed any issues that we had during our stay. Our only issues on this visit were my bed, which I never got adjusted properly. They are the air beds, and the desk sent a guy up to adjust them. Everyone was comfy, but me! Mine had one side that would not lower, so the sides were not even. I didn't say anymore to the staff because we were settled in & wanted to stay close to the other room, but check the beds BEFORE you unpack. Also towels seem to be in short supply here. One night we came back to our room and it hadn't been cleaned. It was almost midnight, and the desk informed me by phone that there were no more towels. In the whole hotel. I visited the desk, and the lady found some wash cloths & bath mats. She also gave me a bag of toiletries. She did offer to call another hotel to see if they had towels. We had been to the beach, and it was late, so we made due. She left a note for the manager, and I was refunded half of the cost for that night. This was a beautiful property and I do plan on staying again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to email us your feedback. It means a lot, as it helps us improve our Service & Operations. We apologize about the your experience at our hotel. We have addressed all your concerns to improve our operations in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

For a weekend trip I selected this Hilton Inn because it had a hot tub/spa, as well as a pool and because I read several online reviews that commented the free breakfast buffet. In addition, I thought that the region around thjis hotel would have plenty of choices among the usual roadside restaurant chains. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The hot tub filled with yucky looking water and a tattered homade sign said it was out of order -- it looked like it had been in unusable condition for a long time. The "pool" was, in reality. too small to swim in, it was a cold tub. Also, the place reeked of chlorene -- really a high level and there were no clean towels. It was the worst hotel pool I've ever seen or smelled.

I awoke the next morning intending to take advantage of the "free breakfast". The breakfast room, right in the middle of the lobby had a buffet set up and was popular. There was no indication that this was a regular restaurant. There were no hostesspersons or waiters. I never saw any sort of menu or sign indicating that for some customers the buffet was not free. There were just plenty of customers, mostly kids, who were helping themselves and there were self-serve plates and silverwear for all to enjoy. I was wrong again. As I got up to head to my car after 2 slices of bacon and a small mound of grits one of the servers ran after me with a check. For most customers the breakfast was free but for some reason I had not received a coupon for it and was charged $11-plus after I spoke to the front desk attendent who lamely explained that some customers get a free buffet, others don't. As a Silver HHonors member, I did not qualify. Hilton touts a "100% satisfaction guarantee." -- I guess I'm just not a part of the 100%.

There aren't, however, many other dining choices in this area. Within sight of this hotel there is only a big box home improvement store. The nearest McDonalds or Cracker Barrell is several stoplights away and not apparent from the hotel, just a very confusing maze of three jammed interstates.

The room was fine but I can't think of any reason to recommend this hotel. I was just wrong in expecting that this would be a good place to stay. It won't happen again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank hpark4
Dear Guest,

We apologize about your experience at our hotel. We are extremely embarrassed about your stay and all the issues you had to go through.

We have addressed all the issues that you mentioned and regarding the restaurants in the area. we do have a shuttle that takes our guest within 3 miles of the hotel to all different restaurants and shopping.

Quincy, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A quick one night stay with no expectations. Everything was great. Check in was efficient and courteous. Rooms were immaculate and comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant which was reasonable priced (especially for a hotel restaurant) and the food was good. The pool and fitness center were well kept. We only paid $128 for the night. I would have expected to pay more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Sunny Amin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!