“Mediocre” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Mediocre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

When I arrived at the hotel for check-in I was not greeted as a loyal diamond member. I did receive two complimentary bottles of water per my status. The room was nice however the bathroom had some issues. I found pubic hair on the floor which tells me housekeeping needs to be improved a lot. The gym did not have towels so I placed a call to the front desk and within minutes towels were in place. At check-out I spoke with the front desk agent and returned my keys. I asked for a folio in which she stated I do not get. LOL. I told her she will provide a folio and she did so with an attitude.

Restaurants and shopping are close by which makes this a convenient place to stay with a complimentary shuttle within 5 miles.

I have stayed at this property several times and have never encountered an issue however based on this experience I may look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vasilios T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to email us your feedback. It means a lot, as it helps us improve our Service & Operations. We have shared your comments with our staff so they can improve for the future.

Thank you again for staying with us & Please Keep us in mind next time you are visiting the Area.

Vasilios T.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was just staying here for an over night stay on my way down to SC. The hotel is located very conveniently off the highway and next to a Wawa to fill up our tank before we hit the road again. The hotel staff was very friendly. One of our rooms was not ready when we got there so they gave us complimentary breakfast the next day. The rooms were standard Hilton rooms. Spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, you could get fresh eggs made to order. There was also grits, sausage, bacon, and breakfast potatoes. They also had cereals, pastries, fruit, yogurts, etc. Would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to email us your feedback. It means a lot, as it helps us improve our Service & Operations. We always share your comments with the Staff as it will motivate them to do even better & provide consistent Great Service & Clean Accommodations.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for my brother's wedding and I have to say this was not my best stay at a Hilton owned hotel. The front desk staff was really nice however I was not impressed with the rest of the staff. The elevators were hard to access because the housecleaning staff was constantly using one of the two and the other elevator was extremely slow. The housecleaning staff also used some extremely colorful language every time I turned around. My 10 year old was constantly asking what something meant. They also kept turning up the ac in my room when they cleaned. We kept it at 73 and we would come back to the room being set at 76 or 78. The food was nothing to brag about. For $10.95 per person I would expect more than the dehydrated eggs, fake sausage patties and cereal. If I had know it was going to be that way I would have stayed at the other hotel cheaper with the same continental breakfast. You could special order food but we ended up having to ask for it so many times and it always came out wrong. The first day our waitress had a mouth like a sailor and I don't think its appropriate to say things to people you don't know. Robin (our waitress the second day) was amazing! She did take care of us very well. Loved her and made sure that the management staff knew it when we left.
The bedrooms were nice. I did not like the showers in the rooms though. The tubs were not textured so when we went to get out we would have to hold on to the wall so you wouldn't slip out of the tub.
Over all I think the hotel was ok but I really expect more from a hotel when you are paying $149 per night.

Dear Guest,

I am extremely embarrassed & apologize regarding your experience at our hotel. We take your feedback very seriously and assure you that additional training has been done to prevent them from happening again.

Again, please accept my apology and please keep us in mind next time you are visiting Richmond, VA

McLean, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice hotel for the price. Close to where we needed to be the next day. No sign of being close to the airport noise-wise. Restaurant food was ok. The cheesecake was definitely not "cheesecake". Friendly staff. Easy check in and check out. Plenty of parking. Only issues were that the whirlpool in the pool area was out of order. No towels in the pool area but some were immediately provided after a call from the pool area. Only 3 bath towels were provided in our room for 4 guests. That's probably standard no matter how many guests are staying so the hotel staff should take their service to another level buy making sure that there is at least 1 bath towel per guest.

McLean, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean. We enjoyed our stay. I would stay here again if I need to be near the Richmond airport. My daughter wants to make sure you know the pool and hot tub were freezing.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The PROs: Easy to find and very close to the airport.

Neutral: someone has to have the room with the horrible view, an this time, it was us. I get it, not every room can have a pleasant unobstructed view. Can't fault the hotel.
One of the two queen beds had a huge sinkhole in it. Sure, sometimes things like this happen.

The CONS: we selected this hotel for the proximity to the airport and because it offered a pool and a hot tub. About an hour after arriving, we discovered the indoor pool is freezing (despite the sign saying it was 80 degrees, no way!) and the hot tub was "out of order". There were huge dust bunnies an many bugs in the pool area. Great. When we returned to the room, we discovered half of the lights in our room didn't work. The next morning, we told the front desk about the lights being out and I was assured housekeeping would take care of it while we were out. I asked about at the hot tub being broken and she said they were waiting for a part and, "it's been a while". Great, seeing as the pool/hot tub were a deciding factor in choosing this hotel. Needless to say, once we got back from being out all day, the lights were still not working. The bathroom sink faucet is backwards, so, hot is cold and what is supposed to be cold is very hot. Not safe for my three kids.
I am totally disappointed in this experience. Knowing what I know now, I would have booked one of the two other hotels that literally share a parking lot with this place.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leslieahearn
Sunny A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Sunny Amin
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond because we were going to a concert in the area on our way to vacationing in South Carolina. Room was close to concert venue/access to 95. Everything seemed clean, check in and check out was fast and easy. Good value considering the price, especially with the government discount.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sunny A, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014

Sunny Amin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Holiday Inn Express Richmond Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!