“LOVE IT!!!”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I wish there was a higher number for service and cleanliness... I stay here for weekends when my boyfriend is visiting and typically he doesn't get into town until the wee hours of the morning so it is hard to find a good deal. Normally when you book a room online you have to wait until check in time (late in the afternoon) I called after I booked the room (at 4am) and the staff member was so kind and said it wouldn't be a problem just come on over. I was at work until 7 and my boyfriend was super tired. I explained that to the clerk and he took his name and said that he would allow him to check in for me. This staff member needs to train EVERYONE in the business on how to treat people.

When I got off work and got to the room it was so clean I could eat off the bathroom floor (not that I actually would but it was truly that clean) the beds are comfy and the room is spacious.

Truly love stating here!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thanks for the review! I absolutely loved the enthusiasm! It's always so wonderful to hear such positive responses from our fantastic guests here. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel staff was great and always willing to help in any way they could. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, climate control worked and the breakfast was excellent. What more do you need than that?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review! I'm always so delighted to receive compliments on the staff here, for we all try so hard to make our guests feel at home. Please come back to see us!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our flight was cancelled due to the weather and we had to stay overnight at the airport. We chose Hampton Inn and were given quality service from check-in to check out. At the front desk, there was a great list of restaurants nearby with directions. In the morning there was a complimentary breakfast that was quite good. We were comfortable, our room was nice, there was complimentary Wi-Fi, and no airport noise. Plus we had a great rate for a last minute rental. Thank you Hampton staff!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandtray

I'm sorry to hear you were stranded in Richmond overnight, but I'm glad we succeeded in making you comfortable! Whether it is in our guests' travel plans to spend the night with us or if they find themselves in need of a bed last minute, we try very hard to make every one feel welcome and at home. I hope the rest of your trip went smoothly!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I travel a lot for business and staying at this Hampton Inn in Sandston/Richmond Airport was like staying at a 3.5 star hotel, absolutely terrific and the beds were extremely comfortable. Location very convenient to highway and there's a great Mexican restaurant across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It always makes my day to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay so much. We love having you here, and I hope you come back to see us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were just looking for a place to spend a night with an indoor pool (for my nephew) between Norfolk and Winchester. Doing a search on expedia we got a rate of $77/night with a "mobile special." Never heard of that before, but I was searching for a place on my phone, and it came up. Went to the Hampton site (because I'd rather book through them) and there wasn't a special rate (that I saw) and the going rate was over $100. Was a little worried as it seemed like too good of a deal, but booked it, and had no issues what so ever!

Check in was fast. The entire hotel was decorated quite nice. Not sure if new or remodeled, but we really loved the decor of the building.

Made our way to our room, and it was just as nice as the lobby area. Everything clean, 2 queen beds, flat screen TV, mini fridge/microwave, work desk, and plenty of outlets. Sitting on the beds at first they seemed a little hard, but once we laid down later they weren't as bad as we first thought. They weren't as soft as I like, but the bedding was very comfortable.

The indoor pool was quite nice. Not too large, but have seen smaller. Usually hotel pools aren't all that big anyway (unless you're at a resort). We were the only ones in there, so we had free reign. We enjoyed our time in the pool, and there was plenty of seating and towels. There was also a restroom there which was nice that you didn't have to go to your room.

Breakfast was good. Cheese omelets with sausage (which was rather tasty) and waffles were hot selections. Also had some mini cinnamon rolls, some muffins, as well as different toast/bagels. Cereal, fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice were some other selections. It was enough to get your day started right, that's for sure. And just like everything else, the eating area was decorated nicely, it was clean, and comfortable.

Location was right by the airport, although didn't hear much noise. Noticed it a little in the AM, but not at all in the evening or through the night. Didn't seem like there was much going on right there, but we didn't look hard. Stopped at a restaurant (Roma's Italian) a few miles away on the way in, which we enjoyed.

We were just there to relax in the evening and swim, and we got exactly what we wanted. The hotel was nicer than we thought it would be, so that was a huge plus. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I was so delighted to read your wonderful review! I'm so happy to see you so thoroughly enjoyed everything about your stay. It is undoubtedly thanks to guests like you that we are #2 in Sandston. Please come back to see us!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Quality of service and location made this a great place to stay. Service was prompt and patient at a time when travel was long, late and stressful. Staff responded to all needs quickly and room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I was so happy to see such a great response. Please come back to see us!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The hotel looked great, either newly renovated or fairly new. The room looked nice, but the duvet on the bed was so lumpy and heavy that I couldn't move once I got under it. I stayed two night in two different rooms -- same problem with duvet. Also, I had a problem with the televisions -- no instructions on how to get it to work. Had to call front desk to send someone up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback about the duvets. I am so sorry that you found them to be uncomfortable. Hopefully you will be happy to hear that the Hampton will be making some changes in 2015 including new duvets. The Hampton hopes to see you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!