“Cint's Review”

Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
“Cint's Review”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I really liked our stay at the Hampton. The rooms were clean to include a sticky note that read our sheets and comforter were clean to perfection. We got a kick out of that, but it gave us a comfortable feel. The food was ok. I missed seeing bacon and scrambled eggs. I am a event planner. I had on my white cglovesfor inspection. I was amazed of the quietness being near the airport You pass the test.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn twice while we were traveling to and from our summer travel destination. The room was very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning is nice to have before getting in the car for a long drive. The young woman working both the mornings in the breakfast area did a fantastic job of keeping everything well stocked and clean. We will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for choosing our property when you are in the area; we are flattered! See you the next time you are in the area!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 15-month old son for the weekend. We were very impressed. The room was very clean and well-kept and the staff members were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious. We almost passed on this hotel because it was an airport location, but there was little airport noise or congestion. Bed was very comfortable. The only complaint we had was the AC kicked on very strongly, making the room EXTREMELY cold for about 20 minutes. Our little guy froze in the middle of the night (and so did we)!! Other than that, a very pleasant experience. We stayed on the top floor, which may have made a difference in the noise level.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
grosse ile, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A perfect stay, good room and service. List of local places to eat was available. in room wireless worked. just what we needed at the end of our vacation, a no hassle - no problem place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us your feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and our convenient location! See you next time!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Normally I am hesitant to stay at hotels near the airport for many reasons however, this hotel was an exception and I would stay there again. I was in town for a sporting event for my child and this Hampton Inn was close to the team hotel. It was very clean, my bed was really comfortable and I felt completely safe. The staff was nice and the breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! See you the next time you are in the area!
Miami, FL
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews of this hotel, I was a little nervous. But I have to say it was really very nice. I stayed one night (July 17) before an early morning flight out of the Richmond airport the next day. The airport is only 5 minutes away. I arrived at about 2 PM. I went to the front desk and was able to check in very quickly. I had just come from another hotel in Newport News where I was below a room of "stompers", so I asked Mallory if I could have a room on the top floor. She cheerfully accommodated me, and was very friendly. Check in could not have been more pleasant. I got room 503 (double/double). The room was clean and fresh-smelling, a typical Hampton Inn. I love their policy of fresh sheets & duvets for each guest. There was only one problem with the room: The door of the cabinet that housed the fridge was broken and was falling off the hinges The fridge also had a HUGE block of ice growing because it needed to be defrosted. I told the desk clerk the next morning when I checked out and he promised to report it to maintenance. I did not use the indoor pool nor the fitness center, since my stay was so short. I was also unable to have the complimentary breakfast because I had to be at the airport at 5:30 AM (breakfast started at 6 AM). But the lobby/breakfast room was very nicely appointed (see photos). I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel. For the quietest stay, request a room on the 5th floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of our property! We truly value the opinion of our guests and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Mallory will be so happy to hear that she made your experience at our property an exceptional one. We loved having you here and hope to see you the next time you are in the area!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Honestly this was just not my favorite stay, mostly because I had so much trouble sleeping. The walls and floors are thin so I heard every door slam and stomp-stomp-stomp of the persons overhead and nearby; the room darkening shades are short so it felt like broad daylight in the room by about 9 AM; contrary to the statements of others I did hear and was awakened by jet noise. Unfortunately there's a busy highway running behind the hotel so asking to be moved would not help. The bed was more firm than I like. Also, had some issues with the housekeeping staff, which at one point ignored my Do Not Disturb and tried to barge into the room with a key early in the morning, despite my loud protests. Thankfully I had the security bar on.

An aside to hotel managers: DO NOT allow your staff to bother people before checkout time and when the DND is on the door - EVER. When I'm paying over $100 per night for a room, I don't expect to be bothered when my DND is up unless the building is burning down. If there are issues with housekeeping, have them put a note under the door. I get that they're just trying to help, but it's intrusive and even frightening to be awakened by a total stranger beating on your door and trying to come in without your permission. This is the one thing that will nearly guarantee I will never visit your property again, even if everything else about it is fantastic.

The checkout is at 11, rare for a Hampton, so you get an hour less for your money. Also, the wi-fi kept cutting out. I'm a HHonors Diamond so I didn't have to pay for it at least.

On the upside, the location was pretty great, close to the interstate and Laburnum Ave. with shops and restaurants. The ventilation worked well and there was plenty of hot water, even though there was no bathtub, only a walk in (also not my preference). The furnishings were nice and the room was decently large. Liked having my own fridge and microwave, too. The parking is super convenient and was treated well by the desk staff.

I got a great price, much less expensive than other nearby properties, so I suppose I can't complain a lot, but on the other hand I really wish I'd paid a little more and booked a place that didn't feel like trying to sleep in the middle of a crowded train station. Kept catching myself looking longingly at the Garden Inn right next door. I figure it's probably the same ownership and likely some of the same issues, though, so I'll probably head to a different part of town next time I'm in Richmond - had a long drive on the highway after my stay and was really miserable from not having had much sleep for several days.

Room Tip: Honestly, I've got nothing. Bring your earplugs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tonya H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
First, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to give us your feedback. I am so sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We will use your detailed review to help us identify our strengths and weaknesses and to address any areas of concern. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our rooms and that you were impressed by our staff. We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport? Share your experiences!