“Room was newly renovated!”

Motel 6 Richmond Airport
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Rochester, New York
“Room was newly renovated!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My room was on the 2nd floor in a queen nonsmoking. It was one of the newly renovated rooms but I don't know if all the rooms are renovated?

Anyways, I paid 33.99 without tax and for that amount. it was a good stay. It was a very basic designed room, sort of reminded me of a dorm room.

Overall, it was a good, basic and clean stay

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 December 2012

we were 5 people and needed a place to crash just for the night on December 27th. We would have preferred to book the Super 8 just next to it, but it had very bad reviews and hence booked two rooms here.
The rooms were decent considering the price. We faced some issues with the room lock, but help desk was quite co-operative and moved us to a different room.
The room had decent beds and the bathroom was pretty good. We wanted a warmer room and did not find the heating sufficient. There was no refrigerator and coffee machine in the room. There was a small Television, which we were too tired to try. The wifi is paid.
We just spent the night there and checked out early morning. There were no dining places nearby, so we just ordered Pizza.
A decent budget place to stay if you dont want to actually stay much in the room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I would advise anyone to stay away from this nasty motel. The housekeepers are very lazy and the rooms show it. I had to go to front desk to get clean sheets. My sheets reeked of beer. It was obvious they hadnt been changed. Blankets never get washed and have loads of stains. Leftover soap from a previous guests was left on top of shower. Washclothes that I had to get from front desk because there were none in room were stained. Cheryl the manager needs to start managing her staff. This motel is a filthy dump. Price is cheap and it should be cheaper with the filth. I will sleep in my car before I stay at this dump again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank yoj712
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed here on a weekday for about $30 which is about as cheap as you can get; especially if you just want a bed and shower. The customer service when arriving and leaving was very helpful and friendly. The room was small, the TVs old, and not much is provided other than soap and towels, which is fine considering the low price. Internet access is $3 for a 24 hour period, which again is fine, considering the price of the room. My only real complaint is that there were several cigarette burns in the blankets of both beds. Not a huge deal, but it was a non-smoking room; I figure if they insist on keeping blankets that have cigarette burns in them, they only use them for smoking rooms so non-smokers don't have to look at them. That being said, I would definitely stay here again.
p.s. there is a pool which looked clean and well kept.

Room Tip: First floor, as usual is more convenient.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Motel 6 has been updated to the new Motel 6 room style. My room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the heating system worked great, keeping the room as warm as I wanted it to be. The hotel is located along a strip with a number of inexpensive hotels, a couple of mid-tier hotels, and a few fast food and family style restaurants, and is adjacent to the Richmond International Airport and has convenient access to I-64. I did not feel unsafe in this neighborhood, although its appearance might suggest to some a little caution after dark. Having said that, I've stayed at this motel many times before and have not, myself, encountered any problems.

Extensive shopping options (big box stores, Target, banks, and such) and a 24-hour CVS pharmacy are less than 7 minutes away.

The room was an excellent value mid week ($33.99/night, less 10% seniors discount) - rates are higher on weekends. Internet access costs extra - $2.99/day for good, strong wireless service. Considering the room rate, the extra charge for internet was fair. Charging for internet service is standard Motel 6 policy.

The staff person I dealt with at check-in was efficient and pleasant.

Two things worth noting regarding this visit:

- I arrived just before 6:00pm to check in, and the office was already closed, and registration had to take place through the night window. I don't recall this being the case on past visits, but at most Motel 6's I've stayed at, the lobby is open later than this. This could suggest that my earlier caution about the neighborhood might have something to do with this. I don't know, but I thought the fact that the lobby closed so early was a bit odd.

- I stayed for 2 days and the first night slept fairly late. I vacated the room around 10:45am and came back later in the day to find out that my room had not been serviced. The bed was still unmade, and the towels had not been replaced. Since check-out time was 12:00pm, it was reasonable to assume that as long as the housekeeping staff could access the room before that time, that the room would be serviced - but this time, it was not. I don't know if this was just a one-time oversight, or if the motel keeps to a different schedule with regard to servicing. This did not inconvenience me, but I mention it here for the sake of completeness.

Overall, this hotel provides clean, comfortable, Motel 6-style lodging at a good price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 22 May 2011

One of my favorite cartoon lines was an opera parody in which the main cartoon character was "killed" -- then, at the end, he looks up into the camera and asks, "What do you expect from an opera -- a HAPPY ending?" When I stay at a Motel 6 because of its bargain basement price, I generally have the same attitude. They're able to keep their prices low by offering little more than a bed with a TV, so I can't complain when that's all I get. However, I did have one thing to note about this place.

Stayed here one night while traveling elsewhere. We didn't need to be close to the airport, but I've invariably found airport motels to offer a lot of amenities at good prices. So we just drove there to see what we would find. We've generally been satisfied with this chain and we knew their price, so we decided to stay.

Grand total room price for two persons was $43. It featured air conditioning, TV with 22 channels, phone, and shower. it was clean and well-maintained. One could hear jets landing during the night, but (again) what do you expect? Parking is free, and there are several restaurants nearby, specializing in fast and cheap food. Staff was efficient and professional.

One thing that, over the years, we have found we almost MUST have during a stay is internet access. We are aware that Motel 6 charges generally $3 per 24-hour day for wi-fi, but we invariably find that the final cost of staying at a M6 is still less than staying at places that build the wi-fi cost into the room rate and then offer "free" wi-fi. So we were happy when their sign (photo below) clearly stated "WI-FI HERE". We were thus disappointed when we instead got a form letter at check-in stating "our Wi-Fi Services will be down for approximately 1-2 days". The letter was signed but un-dated, and we received it on May 15. If this letter is still being distributed a week after this, feel free to quote this review on when it was first seen.

If you just need a place to hand your head for a night or two, or you need to be close to the Richmond Airport, this motel is on par with others in its chain.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Westland, MI
Reviewed 7 May 2011

This a decent motel for a couple of nights. The property is currently being refurbished. It sits directly across from Richmond Airport and there are many different fast food joints within 1 -2 miles of the motel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Richmond Airport Hotel
Richmond Airport Hotel
#7 of 15 in Sandston
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Been to Motel 6 Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!