Motel 6 Richmond Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$98
US$111
Hotels.com
All Day Inn(Sandston)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

For the price, I honestly expected a filthy, dingy, roach infested hotel. It was very good for the price. Well lit clean rooms with comfortable beds- rooms were a little small, service was a bit slack, and the pool area was locked, but I was really surprised with the overall quality of the place. And it was pet friendly with no extra charge for pets. Bathrooms were also very nice too. Large, clean showers and spacious modern styled bathrooms

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rosalyn B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Tony was very helpful with information about the history in the city of Richmond. He stocked me with maps that really helped us see historical sights in town. He and his staff also secured us a downstairs room. Many families seem to make this site their home but it was quiet. The airport is right across the road so the planes were taking off right over the motel, but that noise doesn't bother me. This site hasn't been remodeled like other 6's I've been too but it was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was traveling with my two kids and exhausted and just wanted a place to sleep for a few hours. I walked into a wall of cigarette smoke in the lobby which was filthy. The manager was friendly but appeared clueless on how to run a motel. Against my better judgment I looked at one of the rooms, of course they only had smoking rooms left. There was something spilled all over the wall and the toilet was 'used'. I was itching just being in there for 15 minutes. Vacuum the carpets!! I would sleep in my car (which I did) before taking chances on catching something here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Brenda M,

We apologize for the unsatisfactory conditions you encountered on your recent visit. The smoke odor and room cleanliness issues you described are not consistent with our standard for quality at Motel 6, and we are very sorry that you didn’t stay with us as a result. Thank you for your review; we take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stay at Motel 6's around the country because of their pet friendly attitude and reasonable price. This property is average. Our room had been renovated but wasn't as clean as we'd like. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The property exterior needs some help.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend and there were HUGE cockroaches in the room. I almost slept in the car. They did move us to a different room, but I was too afraid to look anywhere to see if there were still bugs, and just wrapped myself in a clean (?) sheet I requested from the front desk. It was horrifying...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Jenny L - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the pest issues you found in your room. This issue is not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us address this issue and provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.