“Very nice and clean . Perfect for a night stay. ”

Motel 6 Richmond Airport
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The place was cleaner than I would had ever expected. The location is a questionable and some of the guest look like the live here long term. The motel have a police officer on duty to ensure guest safety. The location is easily accessible from I95 and very close to the airport if your flying to from Richmond.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I am normally hesitant to stay at a budget Motel. For this trip rooms were limited and we reluctantly booked this motel. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the grounds and the room. The mattresses were very comfortable. The staff was helpful. The other guests seemed to reflect the polite comfortableness that the Motel represented. Will definitely stay here again. It was a surprisingly great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was very hesitant to stay here after reading the reviews. I let them know I was traveling from New York with my four children and wouldn't make it until 3am, they held my my room for me which was greatly appreciated! I made it to my room and the key didn't work, but Hazel at the front desk walked to my room to bring my key instead of me having to walk back to the office. When I made it to the room it was very clean and had everything we needed for an overnight sleep! I went to the vending machine and Hazel offered extra towels for me without me asking. I would for sure stay here again when I'm in Richmond!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My 9yr old son and I stayed here last week for an overnighter after spending the day at Kings Dominion Amusement Park (very fun btw). We checked in at around 6 pm and Lakeisha, the front desk clerk, was pleasant, friendly and got us checked in quickly. The exterior of the hotel was clean enough and the surrounding area was OK, the airport is directly across the street (didn't really hear plane noise tho) and there are plenty of restaurants up and down the street. We had a room on the second floor, pool side. The pool looked pretty clean, but we did not use it. I must say, I have never had such a small hotel room before. Just enough room for 2 full beds, a built in desk and not much else. Bathroom was tiny too. No tub, only a shower stall, toilet and sink. The room itself was clean (no carpets,just laminate flooring) and the beds pretty comfy. My only complaints were that the towels were very rough and the shower stall wasn't as clean as I would have liked it. There was still hair along the bottom edges of the stall. Wasn't a big deal, just used a wad of toilet paper and wiped it up. All in all, the room was sufficient for what I needed, a place to sleep after a long day at the amusement park. If you want luxury, look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable, cheap place to sleep, you can't beat this place for the price.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the pool if you don't like noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aidansmommy1
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was an decent hotel at a reasonable price. The hotel is definitely near the airport, being across from the main entrance to the airport and off Exit 179A at I-64. The hotel was showing signs of wear and tear, but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

Having to catch an early morning flight, I cannot comment on the morning breakfast related things.

Overall, I had a good restful stay at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone who is planning to fly out of Richmond Airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was the worst place ever. Our room were booked 2 months in advance and yet when we arrived the rooms were not ready and the wrong category. The Staff was not accommodating and gave one of our paid rooms away to a
total stranger and could not get her our. 2 out of the 4 rooms had roaches. The king rooms are actually a queen sized bed. The are a pet friendly hotel and they are all over the place. That explains the vinyl wood grain floor so that pet urine can not soil them. But, the fail to realize that urine line water flows and sometimes end up under the base boards and left unattended is unsanitary and carries an odor. Safety I s not an issues because the police is always there. Swat shoes up last night and it reminded me if a scene be from cops. People must live there b e cause they work in cars and tie the animals on Le fences only to bark all day. It's a mini hood there.

The only advice I can give you us Run Forest Run.

I will thank the young lady

named Patricia who tried to

assist us by keeping in contact with us if changes and called to see if we needed anything. She was very professional. Even after the supervisor the short balled guy was rude and un accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It used to be that Motel 6s were reliably simple but cheap - and they always take my canine traveling companion. The franchised motels seem to vary greatly in quality. This one was absolutely awful. The flooring was cheap vinyl that was buckling and there wasn't even a bedspread on the bed. The worst of it was that it was chilly that night and there was no heat at all. I decided to take a hot shower to warm up and then dive into bed to try to stay warm, but there was no hot water in the shower, either. I had to sleep in my insulated tights, sweatpants, long sleeved t-shirt and heavy sweater. And they were sold out since itv was the holiday weekend! On the plus side, the desk clerk was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Richmond Airport Hotel
1 mi away
Airport Inn Motel - Richmond
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport

Been to Motel 6 Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!