“Very nice stay, especially if traveling with children”

Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Sandston
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My family & I stayed here while I was working in the area and we highly recommend it! It's conveniently located near the main interstate and just a short drive to either the airport or nearby shopping malls. Theres a nice Mexican restaurant located adjacent to the hotel (El Patron) that we also recommend. Having an indoor pool is a huge plus when traveling in the fall/winter and the complimentary breakfast was actually quite nice. The rooms were clean, well kept and surprisingly quiet despite the proximity to the airport. We'll definitely be staying here again if we return to the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for your feedback of you recent stay with us at the Homewood
Suites Richmond Airport. We thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I stayed here for business during the week of 12/10/12.

I set the reservation via the Hilton Honors website. No problem and fair rate.

The front desk folks were very nice.. My keys were ready and my Hilton membership was recognized and I was given goodies as a member.

My room was very quiet and away from the main flow.

My only concern is the hotel carpet and main areas are stating to show some age. The facility was clean but wear and tear is creeping in. The location is favorable for car or air travel.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We visited the Homewood suites over Thanksgiving. Staff were gracious and welcoming. The facility was clean and necessary services were readily available. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. This is a great improvement over last Thanksgiving. Management and staff are to be commended for listening to guest feedback and acting on it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor survey about your great stay at the Homewood Suites Sandston. We were glad to see you again and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Have a safe and happy holiday and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The staff at this hotel did a excellent job, there are no longer cookies at check-in but that is a chain wide policy. The pool area looked nice although I didn't use it this time. A small breakfast is provided, very clean breakfast area. The room was very nice and comfortable, plenty of pillows. I had a King 1 Br so we had separate bedroom from the living space, very nice. Nice having the full size fridge and a few pots, pans and dishes to use. This is my second stay and I will stay again. Internet connection is good, close to airport. Just a small note, the elevator doors need to be wiped down more often.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 Bedroom is staying with children and want to have a separate space
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

The facilities are very typical for a Homewood Suites: rooms are large and comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay near the airport (5 minutes away).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor review. We at the Homewood Suites Richmond are glad we were able to make your stay comfortable and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We've stayed at a few Homewood Suites (Raleigh, NC and Falls Church, VA right outside of DC), so I've come to expect the same type of comfort at this hotel.

First thing I noticed was our king suite didn't seem as big as the others we've stayed at. Maybe it's the layout of our room, but I recall having more in the bedroom. Also, the remotes did not work correctly; in fact, the one in the living area was completely dead. The one in the bedroom stuck when I tried to push the buttons. Maybe this isn't a big deal to some, but imagine if you had arthritis or carpal tunnel in your hands (I tend to suffer with this on occasion). Not fun.

Also, the sheets need to be replaced. The fitted sheet's elastic was completely shot, and the sheet kept slipping off during the night.

The biggest issue I had was the shower. I got scalded on my back when trying to turn the shower off. My back was red for a while. What the heck! This has never happened to me at a hotel, no less a Homewood Suites. I took a washcloth and tried to cool it off with a cool compress.

I posted something on Homewood Suites Facebook page last night, but have not gotten a response.

We stayed here because of Hurricane Sandy, as we tend to lose power in our neighborhood; fortunately, we didn't lose power after all, so we're checking out today.

Next time, we'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BEATLESCHICK
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing Homewood Suites for your lodging needs, I can assure you that we will look into the issue's and correct accordingly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel because the hotel where I normally stay when I visit was booked up. I liked this hotel. It had everything that I come to expect when I stay at Homewood Suites. The room was in perfect condition. The staff was friendly and the complementary breakfast was good every day of my visit.

The hotel was a little bit further from my work location than where I normally stay, but that wasn't a major concern, as the freeways were relatively uncongested. I also liked how convenient it was to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
benjamin2000, General Manager at Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor survey, we really appreciate it. We here at the Homewood Suites Richmond Airport pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and we are glad that you were pleased with your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
Courtyard Richmond Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
Best Western Plus Richmond Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Richmond Airport

Been to Homewood Suites Richmond Airport? Share your experiences!